Axxess&Afrihost New MTN Fixed LTE - Huawei b315

JRJakkals

Hi Everybody

I see Afrihost and Axxess have a new MTN Fixed LTE deal.
So I bought a MTN sim card\loaded some data and using a Huawei b315 and the internet is working.
I see the MTN APN settings are different from Afrihost and Axxess MTN.
My question is why cant I use my Huawei b315 even if it is slow, I dont need LTE Advance (Cat6)

Regards

Last edited:

NeonNinja

Neon Resident
So I bought a MTN sim card\loaded some data and using a Huawei b315 and the internet is working.
So I see the MTN APN settings are
View attachment 740827

Afrihost and Axxess MTN APN are different

ws.afrihost.fwa & ws.axxess.fwa

So this means Axxess and Afrihost are lying to the public. Huawei b315 does work on the MTN LTE grid
Maybe you won't get the promised speeds?

The Axxess Lady

Axxess Representative
Company Rep
Hi Everybody

My question is why cant I use my Huawei b315 even if it is slow, I dont need LTE Advance (Cat6)

View attachment 740733
Regards
Hi there, please note MTN can only allow devices which have been network approved by MTN. This range of devices includes: Huawei B525, Huawei B535, Huawei B612, Huawei B618, ZTE MF286

BradleyKZN

Expert Member
Hi Everybody

View attachment 740733
Regards
The fixed LTE works differently to a normal MTN SIM, which is why its cheaper. You can put the fixed LTE SIM into a B315, and it will work for maybe a day or so before it refuses to connect any further

Space

@TheAxxessLady
are there any other (mobile voice; mobile or fixed data) packages from Axxess that would allow me to port IN (simswap) my existing number from another network, and how would I go about doing this ?

SpliceGold

I got my new mtn sim and modem today. So far 2hrs later the light is still red. Will give it 24hrs and it better blady work then.

craigcul

Log into the router and see if you have got an Sms to restart your phone (meaning restart your router)
Then click on the icon bellow the disconnected and you should now be connected and up and running. This was how it worked on my b525.

SpliceGold

Log into the router and see if you have got an Sms to restart your phone (meaning restart your router)
Then click on the icon bellow the disconnected and you should now be connected and up and running. This was how it worked on my b525.
Great thanks. I will try this as soon as I get home!

Totempole

Expert Member
Hi Everybody

View attachment 740733
Regards
I think the reason they require the use of CAT6 devices is to protect the quality of their network, since CAT6 devices are more efficient than older CAT4 devices like the B315.

I recall reading earlier today about someone that tried to use an MTN fixed LTE sim on a Huawei B315 router. It actually worked for a while before the sim got blocked, presumably by MTN for using an unapproved device.

eagle2k

Hi Everybody

View attachment 740733
Regards
B315 worked for a few minutes and sim got blocked at MTN.

Had to request to unblock it through ISP.
Took 3 hours to unblock and then used it in B525

SpliceGold

Got the SMS and clicked the icon below disconnected and still nothing. Maybe it's not activated yet.

craigcul

Got the SMS and clicked the icon below disconnected and still nothing. Maybe it's not activated yet.
Maybe power down the router totally unplug it for 5 minutes then power up again.
tap on the the blue block with the arrows to connect

SpliceGold

Maybe power down the router totally unplug it for 5 minutes then power up again.
tap on the the blue block with the arrows to connect
I tried all that. The light is still red. I have powered down completley and clicked the data on/off button. Still disconnected. I even reset the modem and changed the apn. still nothing. I went onto my Axxess profile and no data is loaded on the sim yet. Maybe the issue lies on Axxess's side?

Attachments

craigcul

I tried all that. The light is still red. I have powered down completley and clicked the data on/off button. Still disconnected. I even reset the modem and changed the apn. still nothing. I went onto my Axxess profile and no data is loaded on the sim yet. Maybe the issue lies on Axxess's side?
Ok sorry mine is with Afrihost. Yes maybe you need to contact Axxess if it does not even show on you profile.

SpliceGold

Ok sorry mine is with Afrihost. Yes maybe you need to contact Axxess if it does not even show on you profile.
Axxess said they having issues with allocating the data on the MTN sim cards and they are working on it :rolleyes:

Hamish McPanji

Honorary Master
Hi there, please note MTN can only allow devices which have been network approved by MTN. This range of devices includes: Huawei B525, Huawei B535, Huawei B612, Huawei B618, ZTE MF286
@The Axxess Lady , I have waited for a week already for my SIM card to be delivered. Why does it take so long for this, as it hasn't even been dispatched yet

I have already been billed prorata for the month of November. However, it is unlikely that I will even receive the SIM by then

• Angry
Reactions: Yuu