Axxess&Afrihost New MTN Fixed LTE - Huawei b315

The Axxess Lady

Axxess Representative
Company Rep
@The Axxess Lady , I have waited for a week already for my SIM card to be delivered. Why does it take so long for this, as it hasn't even been dispatched yet

I have already been billed prorata for the month of November. However, it is unlikely that I will even receive the SIM by then

Hi @Hamish McPanji, The SIM and Device are usually delivered within 7 business days, provided payment has cleared. Please PM me your account details so I can track the order for you.

IceTyy

Is there a way of checking data balance on mtn supersonic fixed wireless? Usual mtn ussd dont work

Leopenaws

Hi Everybody

I see Afrihost and Axxess have a new MTN Fixed LTE deal.
So I bought a MTN sim card\loaded some data and using a Huawei b315 and the internet is working.
I see the MTN APN settings are different from Afrihost and Axxess MTN.
My question is why cant I use my Huawei b315 even if it is slow, I dont need LTE Advance (Cat6)

View attachment 740733
Regards

Leopenaws

Hi Everybody

I see Afrihost and Axxess have a new MTN Fixed LTE deal.
So I bought a MTN sim card\loaded some data and using a Huawei b315 and the internet is working.
I see the MTN APN settings are different from Afrihost and Axxess MTN.
My question is why cant I use my Huawei b315 even if it is slow, I dont need LTE Advance (Cat6)

View attachment 740733
Regards
I would also like to understand this nonsense. I'm subscribed to Axxess's Rain LTE-A package (discontinued for new subscribers) which came with a Huawei B315 router two years ago and runs like a dream. Note: LTE-Advanced.

If the B315 is good enough for Rain's LTE-A why is it not good enough for Axxess/Afrihost's ordinary MTN Fixed LTE (note: without the A)? LTE is not a Cat 6 service and therefore does not require a Cat 6 router like the B525.

On enquiry, neither Axxess, Afrihost nor MTN were prepared (read: able to) explain their logic. The requirement of a B525 router for the MTN Fixed LTE service is nothing but a commercial rip-off.

maessof

Such a scam and such poor service.
I'm trying to figure out a better ISP right now.

eagle2k

So I'm just confirming this

I now have 7 sites running on Afrihost Fixed LTE with no fixed LTE coverage.

According to coverage maps there's only 4G with no fixed LTE nearby.

Although the speeds are not as great as Fixed LTE but its still good.

So just use an address within fixed lte coverage to get past the initial process of signing up for FLTE. Then just courier it to your real address.

Anyway. Good luck all ISP's not disclosing this. We know you want to keep your good name for top speeds.
But we, the consumer wants cheaper data

P.s

Worst case scenario if it doesn't work you can cancel your month to month package. Just choose sim only and get or borrow an approved router from someone.

KoosGoose

Good morning

I was on Axxess Cell C fixed LTE wich had now been switched over by Axxess to MTN fixed LTE. I received my new sim and router in November and as December 1st arrived I started up my new LTE. Unfortunately my device's LED indicator remains red and no internet. Logging in to my router I receive notice saying profile is invalid. I forced 3G and waited 5 mintues plus before rebooting. Still nothing.

It is now 7 days without my Fixed LTE and I paid for a full month. No response from support and no working tellephone lines. Does anyone here knows what is happening as there appear to be no way to contact anyone at Axxes for assistance.

lowriderza

Expert Member
Good morning

I was on Axxess Cell C fixed LTE wich had now been switched over by Axxess to MTN fixed LTE. I received my new sim and router in November and as December 1st arrived I started up my new LTE. Unfortunately my device's LED indicator remains red and no internet. Logging in to my router I receive notice saying profile is invalid. I forced 3G and waited 5 mintues plus before rebooting. Still nothing.

It is now 7 days without my Fixed LTE and I paid for a full month. No response from support and no working tellephone lines. Does anyone here knows what is happening as there appear to be no way to contact anyone at Axxes for assistance.
If that sim still hasn't provisioned on the network you will need to get hold of Axxess. Yes their phone lines have been busy this week and last week, but I was phoning them almost daily about different things and was able to get through. They also have 24/7 support.

As an aside what device are you using? Mtn LTE only likes certain devices.

KoosGoose

APN is fixed to MyMtn. Unable to change this.

My street address appear to have been incorrectly entered by Axxess. This was fixed over the phone. I forced the device to 3G again and waited before rebooting it.

Still no internet

lowriderza

Expert Member
APN is fixed to MyMtn. Unable to change this.

My street address appear to have been incorrectly entered by Axxess. This was fixed over the phone. I forced the device to 3G again and waited before rebooting it.

Still no internet
What router/ device are you using?

genie2b

Axxess has the worst service since doing the MTN sim swop....worked for two days and then went belly up...call center staff is useless as they keep repeating the same steps to remediation after it was proven that it does not work ...if at all possible...stay away from Axxess...9 calls, average of 30 minutes per call...still no resolution...

Biks666

My fiend ordered his Axxess MTN Sim on the 22nd Nov 2019 - Still nothing!