Axxess and Afrihost launch uncapped Telkom LTE accounts

Jan

Who's the Boss?
Staff member
Afrihost and Axxess launch uncapped Telkom LTE — from R595 per month

Afrihost and Axxess have announced the launch of uncapped Telkom LTE packages, with Axxess offering an Uncapped Business service for R595 per month.

“Our Uncapped LTE package gives you unlimited LTE Internet access all hours of the day… while the Uncapped Business LTE package offers unlimited LTE connectivity between midnight and 7 pm,” Axxess stated.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
Telkom LTE is horrible, especially in high-density residential areas where it's popular.

JustAsk

Expert Member
Telkom LTE is horrible, especially in high-density residential areas where it's popular.
LTE by default is horrible. If you get good speeds on any network its just a matter of time before it becomes horrible due to popularity. There's no limitation on connections therefor you will suffer...

Cacti

Really? Multi-tier FUPs in 2021? For the same price as Süpersonic's (truly) uncapped package no less?
The thing is, Supsersonic will at some point become Rain. there is no way around it. You either enforce network quality or are free for all and everyone gets nothing.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Really? Multi-tier FUPs in 2021? For the same price as Süpersonic's (truly) uncapped package no less?

Hi,

We resell these LTE offers from Telkom to clients on a Month to month basis. It's an ideal offering to low data users that want to get uncapped LTE at a relatively affordable price without having to be locked into any contract. Our standard R999 cancellation fee if cancelled in 6 months applies to these deals though.

leonard508

Just get supersonic FLTE, its Uncapped and that is it,I get 80mbps in my area have been with them for 6months no issues i average about 1.2TB per month.

Crumbl0x

Hi,

We resell these LTE offers from Telkom to clients on a Month to month basis. It's an ideal offering to low data users that want to get uncapped LTE at a relatively affordable price without having to be locked into any contract. Our standard R999 cancellation fee if cancelled in 6 months applies to these deals though.
Hi AfriNatic,

Yes absolutely, I wasn't bashing Afrihost or Axxess specifically there, and you guys do extremely well with what's given, just more surprised at Telkom's multi-tiering.

For home users though, there's isn't much of an incentive over Süpersonic as it's also not contract based and also charges an early cancellation fee, business use I can believe is better in this case / selectively better Telkom coverage however.

Crumbl0x

The thing is, Supsersonic will at some point become Rain. there is no way around it. You either enforce network quality or are free for all and everyone gets nothing.
While there's always a possibility, I don't believe it will become another rain for the following reasons:

+ The high cost barrier for entry bars users who wish to hammer the network on the cheap, like rain was especially during 2017-2020.

+ Their network is just built better, has far more capacity and has been in the game for far longer to be able to handle it.

+ The areas which already have some of the best speeds usually have fibre or is in a rollout stage currently, so users can move away from their network for cheaper.

That said, Süpersonic has these particular issues:

+ There's no technical assistance whatsoever, you can only file complaints in general and hope MTN issues fixes in the future.

+ The path routing is appalling, pings are quite abysmal if you're outside JHB and there's no proper QoS in place for whichever their main switchovers are.

For people like me, who is getting Frogfoot and Openserve fibre soon, I really don't mind. I've had consistently great speeds exceeding 50mbps and use an average of 1.2-1.8TB a month, and uptime has been fantastic, I've heard far worse stories with even great fibre networks.
For most others, speeds are generally quite acceptable and it does help that no FUP gets applied to hamper them further.
I believe by the time MTN does come to the point of rain-status, alternatives will be much more readily available, and there's even no guarantee as of late that this package will be available forever, so maybe a gimped package will crop up in the future to replace it.

Gudnews

Expert Member
Peer to peer should be unshaped between midnight and 7am, on any service.

BCR

Expert Member
What are the upload speeds, when the d/load speeds are set respectively to :

- 10 Mbps ?
- 4 Mbps ?
- 2 Mbps ?

... for VOIP (WhatsApp) call quality.

Last edited:

Caenan

Afrihost and Axxess launch uncapped Telkom LTE — from R595 per month

Afrihost and Axxess have announced the launch of uncapped Telkom LTE packages, with Axxess offering an Uncapped Business service for R595 per month.

“Our Uncapped LTE package gives you unlimited LTE Internet access all hours of the day… while the Uncapped Business LTE package offers unlimited LTE connectivity between midnight and 7 pm,” Axxess stated.
I am with Telkom directly on the 10mb uncapped package. I have read in several places that their FUP is 250gb at 10mbs which is not true from personal experience. I have inquired multiple times on slow line speeds just to be told by "Helkom" that I have reached the FUP limit of 150gb (not 250gb).... Our fibre has gone live 2 weeks ago so I am definately cancelling this crap as I can't operate (streaming, downloads, etc.) for half of the month at 5mb and less.