Axxess and Openserve bad all round services

ChronicMonkey

Here’s the main issue which I don’t understand.

They give you a standard 30 Day turnaround time right?

Right.

So here’s how things are supposed to happen:

1. Client orders the product
  2. Client gets Router.
  3. ISP or Openserve Calls for date and time for Site survey.
  4. ISP does SITE SURVEY.
  5. ISP says YES OR NO.
  6. If technical issue ISP fixes Issue.
  7. ISP comes back to install the line.
  8. Provider does activation.
  9. Client is happy.
All this is supposed to happen within the given 30 Day timeframe they tell you about online and on the phone.

This is how it’s happening:
  1. I cancel My LTE on the 1st of March.
  2. I placed the Fiber order on the 30th of March.
  3. They said that there is an technical issue that needs to be resolved without doing a site survey so they lied about the issue.
  4. They only come out the 28th of April to do a site survey or “Installation”
  5. They realize that oh **** there is really an technical issue because they need another ONT.
  6. I keep following up as the client till the 7th of May when the fiber was installed.
  7. Now that the fiber is installed there is no power on the Line
  8. I get promised that they would of came out on Saturday the 8th of May to connect the power.
  9. The 10th of May I hear that its going to take them another 14 Days after I sent message after message and got ignored like they have been doing up until the point that I loose my mind and then come with a follow up.
  10. Now they want to send Me an LTE Sim? I mean really just to keep me quite?
  11. This is not normal for any client to be treated like this being ignored and taken for a fool.
  12. Today is the 12th of May and still the fiber is not done.
To be honest I am not happy that they want to extend with another 14 days as today would be day 43 so that’s another 12 days that I need to wait.

My main problem is:
  1. My wife has not been able to earn any money because she cant access het online store to make sales.
  2. I work from home from 18:00 to 22:00
  3. I’m an admin on a gaming community from 22:00 to 00:00
  4. I received a warning at work because I keep missing clients at night
  5. Because I could not phone my clients on Saturday I got another warning but final Written
  6. Monday I had to reschedule 21 Clients because of this delay.
  7. Last night I had the same issue because guess what I STILL DON’T HAVE INTERNET BECAUSE THE LTE IS NOT HERE AND FIBER IS NOT DONE.
  8. Our jobs need internet
Because of this treatment once Axxess and Openserve is done with the installation and everything is running I will be moving to Cybersmart or Level 7 because they at least don’t ignore you when you ask for help.

55 Days Turnaround, We are on Day 43 they want another 12 Days?

This is not how a company should run.

I even went to the ISPA and they keep lying to them and still I am getting nowhere.

What can I do as a client to get this done as no one can give me straight forward answers.

Last edited:

Cactus

Going to tell you what I told someone else as well. Don't cancel your existing Internet before the fibre is live. That was on you.

It does suck though and I feel your pain. Having to wait and navigate between companies and departments is not fun.

Hummercellc

Expert Member
Were you forced to move from LTE to Fiber?

Why cancel the LTE before the fiber is working?

If the internet is of utmost importance, why not keep the LTE connection as a backup for when your fiber is down in the future?

Lastly, you applied for a 'Best Effort' service, which clearly points out there are no guarantees or any form of SLA (Service Level Agreement).

Should you rely on the internet so heavily, why not look at dedicated fiber?
It does cost around 10 times more a month, but it is installed and fixed in record times, because it has a SLA attached to the price.

ChronicMonkey

Were you forced to move from LTE to Fiber?

Why cancel the LTE before the fiber is working?

If the internet is of utmost importance, why not keep the LTE connection as a backup for when your fiber is down in the future?

Lastly, you applied for a 'Best Effort' service, which clearly points out there are no guarantees or any form of SLA (Service Level Agreement).

Should you rely on the internet so heavily, why not look at dedicated fiber?
It does cost around 10 times more a month, but it is installed and fixed in record times, because it has a SLA attached to the price.
I had a backup for a wile and they overcharge for 5 GB a month like R300 which is absurd.

So I bought a bundle from Telkom Mobile that was good for a while for more or less the same price.

Not knowing that Axxess will take this long with the installation I cancelled the Axxess MTN LTE with a same price for more with Telkom backup.

Problem is they want to work on their own time 55 Days for an installation that they promised was going to happen within 30 Days and only came out on day 28 to do a site survey that was supposed to happen on day 10.

I get what you are saying I was dumb to cancel the LTE but in the same breath I cant afford the Fiber plus the LTE at the same time they are just too expensive on their data rates.

Guess I will have to wait it out as Toastmaster said or else I'm only going to screw myself.

Captain Axxess

Company Representative
Company Rep
Here’s the main issue which I don’t understand.

They give you a standard 30 Day turnaround time right?

Right.

So here’s how things are supposed to happen:

1. Client orders the product
  2. Client gets Router.
  3. ISP or Openserve Calls for date and time for Site survey.
  4. ISP does SITE SURVEY.
  5. ISP says YES OR NO.
  6. If technical issue ISP fixes Issue.
  7. ISP comes back to install the line.
  8. Provider does activation.
  9. Client is happy.
All this is supposed to happen within the given 30 Day timeframe they tell you about online and on the phone.

This is how it’s happening:
  1. I cancel My LTE on the 1st of March.
  2. I placed the Fiber order on the 30th of March.
  3. They said that there is an technical issue that needs to be resolved without doing a site survey so they lied about the issue.
  4. They only come out the 28th of April to do a site survey or “Installation”
  5. They realize that oh **** there is really an technical issue because they need another ONT.
  6. I keep following up as the client till the 7th of May when the fiber was installed.
  7. Now that the fiber is installed there is no power on the Line
  8. I get promised that they would of came out on Saturday the 8th of May to connect the power.
  9. The 10th of May I hear that its going to take them another 14 Days after I sent message after message and got ignored like they have been doing up until the point that I loose my mind and then come with a follow up.
  10. Now they want to send Me an LTE Sim? I mean really just to keep me quite?
  11. This is not normal for any client to be treated like this being ignored and taken for a fool.
  12. Today is the 12th of May and still the fiber is not done.
To be honest I am not happy that they want to extend with another 14 days as today would be day 43 so that’s another 12 days that I need to wait.

My main problem is:
  1. My wife has not been able to earn any money because she cant access het online store to make sales.
  2. I work from home from 18:00 to 22:00
  3. I’m an admin on a gaming community from 22:00 to 00:00
  4. I received a warning at work because I keep missing clients at night
  5. Because I could not phone my clients on Saturday I got another warning but final Written
  6. Monday I had to reschedule 21 Clients because of this delay.
  7. Last night I had the same issue because guess what I STILL DON’T HAVE INTERNET BECAUSE THE LTE IS NOT HERE AND FIBER IS NOT DONE.
  8. Our jobs need internet
Because of this treatment once Axxess and Openserve is done with the installation and everything is running I will be moving to Cybersmart or Level 7 because they at least don’t ignore you when you ask for help.

55 Days Turnaround, We are on Day 43 they want another 12 Days?

This is not how a company should run.

I even went to the ISPA and they keep lying to them and still I am getting nowhere.

What can I do as a client to get this done as no one can give me straight forward answers.
Hi there,

Please give me your email address and Account number via DM and I'll follow up on your behalf

Cactus

I send you a DM with my details.

Thanks in advance.
I hope you manage :) I'm in a similar boat. Waiting on Openserve to install - and also had complications. Install was supposed to be the 4th of May and not yet done, but close.

I was super close to canceling my own LTE for the end of April and I'm glad I didn't else I'd be stuck for work.

It does mean I'll pay both LTE and Fibre, but I also applied for the lowest speed I can to lessen the burden for the first month.

I'll upgrade fiber speed once LTE is canceled. Best to learn from past mistakes. My parents were supposed to go live end of Feb and only came live on Herotel yesterday almost 3 months later. Sometimes life just happens.

ChronicMonkey

I hope you manage :) I'm in a similar boat. Waiting on Openserve to install - and also had complications. Install was supposed to be the 4th of May and not yet done, but close.

I was super close to canceling my own LTE for the end of April and I'm glad I didn't else I'd be stuck for work.

It does mean I'll pay both LTE and Fibre, but I also applied for the lowest speed I can to lessen the burden for the first month.

I'll upgrade fiber speed once LTE is canceled. Best to learn from past mistakes. My parents were supposed to go live end of Feb and only came live on Herotel yesterday almost 3 months later. Sometimes life just happens.
The funny thing is the line is installed but there is no power to the fiber.

I have the username and password for the PPPOE login from Axxess and that's all set up and ready to go on the Router Axxess provided and all is plugged in to Openserve's Router.

So all that needs to be done is giving power to the line that would most probs take then a few minutes to sort as it can't be that difficult.

At least I'm getting the LTE sim that they are providing for free till they manage to power the line but only providing 70GB.

I am so upset with myself that I did not go through another provider and not doing my research beforehand, because if I knew 44 Days ago that Axxess did not even manage to reach the top 10 ISP's for 2020 and that they had 87% bad reviews on hello Peter I would never ordered the line with them.

But I guess that's how one learns not to trust and ask around first.