Axxess announces new ADSL prices

DaHammer

When is Telkom bumping up line speeds again? Considering to upgrade to the Axxess 2Mbps option, but currently only have 1Mbps line.

Penquin

Expert Member
Why is Afrihost's 4mb uncapped R397 and Axxess' 4mb uncapped R496, if they are technically the same company?

Kosmik

Honorary Master
What was Axxess old 4mbps price? Wasn't it R499 or something?

*edit* hmm looking at their actual site, it seems the 4mbps users got no love.

Seriously considering going over to Afrihost. About R116 saving a month.

Last edited:

Avenue

Expert Member
A R1 savings unless you buy 30 gigs is the big announcement? seriously? - I'll keep topping up on my free afrihost account thanks.

alt21

Well nothing special but at least they have moved away from 4mb or 10mb with nothing in between so now we wait for the other companies to follow.

Chevron

Serial breaker of phones
I really like the look of the 5MB and 6MB pricing. Currently on Openweb GOLD 4MB on a 6MB line.

What's the throttling and thresholds like?

If it's as high as Afrihost's I'd seriously consider switching.

TSpeed

Why is Afrihost's 4mb uncapped R397 and Axxess' 4mb uncapped R496, if they are technically the same company?

It is called competition, ever tried getting a quote to repair your vehicle, and the same coy supplies 2 quotes.

AfriMan

Afrihost Representative
Company Rep

We are not actually the same company. Afrihost bought a stake in Axxess some time ago, but we operate as completely separate companies at the moment. They design and manage their own products and client base.

theJonster

I think the pricing is good. My dilemma is that once telkom bumps the speeds do I "downgrade" back to 1 meg and save R137 (289-152) or do I pay R100 more to Axxess for 2meg uncapped...

It is twice the speed after all....

Reaver.ZA

I think the pricing is good. My dilemma is that once telkom bumps the speeds do I "downgrade" back to 1 meg and save R137 (289-152) or do I pay R100 more to Axxess for 2meg uncapped...

It is twice the speed after all....

Sitting in the same boat. I'm hoping for a R250 2mbps uncapped from MWEB. Then I'll upgrade :p

Chevron

Serial breaker of phones
Can't believe people are considering downgrading :wtf:

Obviously UPgrade :D

burn

Expert Member
I am eagerly awaiting the 2 meg prices to emerge, this announcement is a start.

roygbiv

So, stupid question how will you know if Telkom has upgraded the line fromo 1 to 2 meg? If you are then would the 2meg charges automatically apply unless you ask to be downgraded back to 1?

Chevron

Serial breaker of phones
So, stupid question how will you know if Telkom has upgraded the line fromo 1 to 2 meg? If you are then would the 2meg charges automatically apply unless you ask to be downgraded back to 1?

The amount you pay for your adsl line will stay the same. You'll be upgraded to a 2meg line for free.

Now your data is another story. If you're on 1meg uncapped with Telkom you'll be pushed to 2meg uncapped for free.

If you're on 1meg uncapped via another ISP you'll have to ask them to up your account to 2meg.

If you're on a capped account you won't see any changes in price. It'll just be faster.

You'll know you've been upgraded to 2meg by logging onto your router and checking the sync speed.