Axxess charges me R2164 for their R999 uncapped package

NinTniN

I'm getting fiber internet (finally) at home a the end of the month. This means I have to cancel my Axxess 20Mbps VDSL Uncapped package (R999). I thought the Telkom part of the cancelling is going to be a mission, but what a surprise I got when trying to cancel my Axxess accounts on Monday 29 July........Axxess decided to bend me over a barrel and apply the vaseline nice and thick.

Now, my first step to cancelling my account was to investigate how this must be done.
So to get this done is to break the Line and Data combo and then cancel the individual services, but is seems doing this now increased my subscription from R999 to R2164. This just so that I can cancel my account????

I logged this with axxess yesterday and got this response:

Good day
>> As seen you have ADSL Uncapped Premium Plus 20Mbps and a VDSL Line up to
>> 20Mbps therefore please advise.
>>
>> Regards,
>>

This was my reply:
> Good day
>
> What must I advise?
>
> I had to split my combo in order for me to cancel my service. So I'm
> supposed to pay R999 for August because the change was made after 25 July.
> After that my service is supposed to be cancelled, so where does R2164 come
> into play?

Today I see they charged me the amount of R2164!

Last edited:

The Axxess Lady

Axxess Representative
Company Rep
I'm getting fiber internet (finally) at home a the end of the month. This means I have to cancel my Axxess 20Mbps VDSL Uncapped package (R999). I thought the Telkom part of the cancelling is going to be a mission, but what a surprise I got when trying to cancel my Axxess accounts on Monday 29 July........Axxess decided to bend me over a barrel and apply the vaseline nice and thick.

Now, my first step to cancelling my account was to investigate how this must be done.
So to get this done is to break the Line and Data combo and then cancel the individual services, but is seems doing this now increased my subscription from R999 to R2164. This just so that I can cancel my account????

I logged this with axxess yesterday and got this response:

Good day
>> As seen you have ADSL Uncapped Premium Plus 20Mbps and a VDSL Line up to
>> 20Mbps therefore please advise.
>>
>> Regards,
>>

This was my reply:
> Good day
>
> What must I advise?
>
> I had to split my combo in order for me to cancel my service. So I'm
> supposed to pay R999 for August because the change was made after 25 July.
> After that my service is supposed to be cancelled, so where does R2164 come
> into play?

Today I see they charged me the amount of R2164!

Good day, sorry to hear this, I would like to investigate and assist. Please PM me your account details so I may assist.

NinTniN

Issue resolved! They are refunding me the extra money they charged me.