Avenue

Expert Member
I don't get this

Axxess has launched a 4-for-1 pre-paid ADSL vouchers promotion, which reduces the price of its pre-paid ADSL data from R29 per GB to R9 per GB.

R29 / 4 = R7.25, not R9

but then if you follow the link to their website you get the following options (baring in mind this is a 4 for 1 topup)

3GB for R27
6GB for R54 etc

These guys are very confused. Or I'm very confused.

Fox1

Executive Member
So if you buy 1 gig it would cost R9 and you will get 4 gigs free? :confused:

Dan C

Honorary Master
So if you buy 1 gig it would cost R9 and you will get 4 gigs free? :confused:

I don't think so. But the 4-for-1 is confusing. The pricing on the website is R27 for 3 gigs... which works out to R9/gig

ITCynic

Expert Member
Although this is an uncapped ADSL issue listed below, it seems that all these 'specials' & 'promotions' are pointless if their infrastructure is taking a strain.

I mean whats the point of paying for something when you cannot deliver any speed?

From their website for network status :-
High Demand in Southern and Eastern Regions

2014-03-13 16:06:05

We are experiencing high network demand in the South and East (Cape Town, Port Elizabeth and Durban), resulting in real time services being affected on Uncapped accounts. This infrastructure is expected to be upgraded within 3 weeks, which will resolve the congestion. We appreciate your understanding whilst we await completion of the upgrade.

Who wants to wait 3 weeks for them to sort out their bandwidth ?

Just moved a client away from them to a different ISP.

Client speedtest.net for client on a 2 meg line is 0.10.

Chevron

Serial breaker of phones
Although this is an uncapped ADSL issue listed below, it seems that all these 'specials' & 'promotions' are pointless if their infrastructure is taking a strain.

I mean whats the point of paying for something when you cannot deliver any speed?

From their website for network status :-

Who wants to wait 3 weeks for them to sort out their bandwidth ?

Just moved a client away from them to a different ISP.

Client speedtest.net for client on a 2 meg line is 0.10.

Well not all of us are in slaapstad you know ;)