Axxess drops uncapped ADSL prices and launches 10Mbps product

Anthro

Expert Member
Round #2 Fight !
Nice to see AfriAxess coming to the party !

Roadrunner

Expert Member
Yeeha!

Now if Telkom will only roll up their sleeves and upgrade the exchanges to 10Mb/s like they promised 2 years ago.

Have been on 4Mb/s for 6 years now while the rest of the world has moved on to 100Mb/s and faster.

Last edited:

Speedster

Honorary Master
Wonder how long Axxess and Afrihost will keep marketing themselves as two separate entities.

Pox

Expert Member
So we can pay a little bit less for an uncapped service that still gets capped on a usage threshold.

Wish all the ISPs would stop calling their capped/throttled/prioritised products 'uncapped'

On the plus side...they are passing along savings to customer, so plus points for them on that.

MickZA

Executive Member
Full marks to Axxess for a swift response to MWeb, I had their 1Mb Just Uncapped for a while and it was fine for moderate downloading at night +/- 130Gb/mth, starting to think my Telkom 1Mb Uncapped is overpriced now but damn the accounts performance is good.

Maybe Telkom will come to the party as well :whistling:

drukkie

Expert Member
If telkom made it free for life I'd have a hard time swapping.
really don't know how you guys still support them.
i wish they go bust so some private company can buy them.

MickeyD

RIP
Full marks to Axxess for a swift response to MWeb, I had their 1Mb Just Uncapped for a while and it was fine for moderate downloading at night +/- 130Gb/mth, starting to think my Telkom 1Mb Uncapped is overpriced now but damn the accounts performance is good.

Maybe Telkom will come to the party as well :whistling:
MWeb were not the first to drop prices... just saying...

grok

Honorary Master
no ones cutting the 4mb lines. please refer to all the cutting threads for the 4mb fightclubs happening there...

Typical ISP screw-the-consumer behaviour if you ask me, they get 30% accross the board and give us the crumbs while keeping the jam to themselves.

Finish him!! ... FATALITY!!! :D

MickZA

Executive Member
Afrihost was the first...if Michey is referring to the R29 per gig thing they started a few years back

Doubt it, MickeyD is pretty much on the ball when it comes to 1Mb uncapped accounts - maybe he knows something we don't.

Tns

Executive Member
no thanks wont use these people again, in the first week my connection is throttle to nothing. IS backbone crap

MickeyD

RIP
Doubt it, MickeyD is pretty much on the ball when it comes to 1Mb uncapped accounts - maybe he knows something we don't.
Ask the MyBB staff writers about the timing of the new price cuts. There was a flurry of activity on Monday. Many assumed that MWeb were first and that everyone else was responding to their cuts. That assumption is false.

MickZA

Executive Member
Ask the MyBB staff writers about the timing of the new price cuts. There was a flurry of activity on Monday. Many assumed that MWeb were first and that everyone else was responding to their cuts. That assumption is false.

OK, I get the picture - does this mean Telkom might still surprise me :D