Axxess DSL line rental - Unethical behaviour

Lishen23

I have a 10mbps DSL line with Axxess that used to cost R295pm. Today I see Axxess has debited R330. I checked the invoice and the invoice says it's R330. I checked my emails - no warning.

So they increased the price without telling me and not only that, but why are they increasing the price? They act as a middleman for the line rental with Openserve, the only "work" they do is log a fault if anything goes wrong. I understand that operational costs are increasing for ISPs, but AFAIK the new justDSL products didn't get a price increase, nor did the fibre products. Their behaviour just seems very scummy.

Anyway does anyone know if it's possible to transfer this line to a different ISP? I don't know what the situation will be considering these DSL lines are considered legacy products for a lot of ISPs.

STORMERSFAN

Expert Member
I have a 10mbps DSL line with Axxess that used to cost R295pm. Today I see Axxess has debited R330. I checked the invoice and the invoice says it's R330. I checked my emails - no warning.

So they increased the price without telling me and not only that, but why are they increasing the price? They act as a middleman for the line rental with Openserve, the only "work" they do is log a fault if anything goes wrong. I understand that operational costs are increasing for ISPs, but AFAIK the new justDSL products didn't get a price increase, nor did the fibre products. Their behaviour just seems very scummy.

Anyway does anyone know if it's possible to transfer this line to a different ISP? I don't know what the situation will be considering these DSL lines are considered legacy products for a lot of ISPs.
Be glad that you don't have to pay R750 for a 10/10 line..

linuxgal

I have a 1mbps line with Axxess which was the highest our line was stable at, and despite their saying everyone would get a “free” upgrade to 5mbps they have almost tripled my invoice.

Called the Accounts dept on their 087 number (isn’t that premium rate?) sat on hold for ages then hung up, emailed accounts department and no reply.

We are using fixed LTE through another ISP as primary internet access so fortunately we don’t have to put up with this unethical behaviour and can cancel the line entirely.

Lishen23

Someone responded to my support query today (This took 5 days - makes you wonder where the extra I'm being charged is going because its not going towards having adequate support staff) And they attached this screenshot

dsl+data(1).PNG

I am not Dawid BTW. And I 100% DID NOT receive an email like this. Besides no receiving this email, the content of the email is an absolute lie. "You will soon be receiving a Free DSL Line speed Upgrade" Then they go on to explain how I will be paying R35 more than I usually was (4mbps was R295).

And just to clarify Openserve charges them R220 for this line before VAT, they're charging me R287 before VAT, so my question is where does this R67 go? I 100% understand that businesses need to make a profit, but this just looks like Axxess trying to quietly extract more money from those of us on these legacy products.

None of the fibre or PureDSL products saw price increases on 1st April so they can't even claim the increase is due to increasing operating costs.