Axxess - Moving from CellC to Mtn or Telkom LTE ?

SHL

Hi All. I just received an email from Axxess regarding their CellC LTE replacement process. Should I get the Mtn or Telkom sim for my Huawei B618s-22d router? I'm based in Centurion and besides having to power off/on the router every now and then, I've had minimal issues with CellC LTE.

m0zy

Expert Member
Hi All. I just received an email from Axxess regarding their CellC LTE replacement process. Should I get the Mtn or Telkom sim for my Huawei B618s-22d router? I'm based in Centurion and besides having to power off/on the router every now and then, I've had minimal issues with CellC LTE.
First thing is to check that you have coverage and not located on the edge of coverage area's in this availability check maps:

Since you already have the correct hardware to use with the MTN LTE SIM, I would recommend going MTN if you are located within the coverage area.

Hope that helps.

Reactions: SHL

SHL

Both are within my area of coverage but are there any cons to Mtn fixed LTE compared to Telkom LTE ?

CaptainPugwash

I prefer Telkom Lte as it's not locked to the tower. But other than that it might just come down to what color you like? Blue or Yellow :p

Magandroid

Expert Member
You might want to consider download speeds between the 2 service providers. This what I saw on the Afrihost website. I am definately getting much better speeds from MTN than from Telkom.

Speed and latency
  • Speeds and latency are dependent on a variety of factors such as number of devices connected and signal strength.
  • The MTN (Pure LTE) Network averages between 10-150Mbps.
  • Telkom's LTE-A Network averages between 20-40Mbps. Average speeds remain device and coverage dependent.

ReeceDBN031

Expert Member
Hi there

Id say MTN, speeds are WAAAAY better.
Only thing with MTN is its tower locked..

Telkom is not, i took my router on holiday and it was great.

Jake45

Expert Member
I recently switched from Rain Fixed LTE to the Afrihost/MTN Pure LTE service and have been very happy with the service so far. It works out the cheapest for me and the speeds are much better than Rain or Telkom in my location. The only negative is the tower restriction as mentioned above which prevents me from using the service as a mobile product.

If you require a mobile service in addition to the Fixed LTE service you could always purchase cheap prepaid Telkom Mo'Nice data bundles when necessary with the money that you are saving!