Axxess or Web Africa for 1mbps?

fatzessack

Hi guys

I need some advice regarding both Axxess and WA in terms of the better ISP for a 1mbps line. I use about 50-60gb's a month on a 1 mbps line. Which would be the better ISP to move to and that won't throttle me for such usage?

Or do they both throttle anyways following such usage?

vicv

Expert Member
AFAIK only Mweb throttles. You should be fine with either of them. Don't forget to check out Afrihost though, link's in my signature.

fingerprintz.mgr

Web Africa if you download from midnight to morning your star rating doesn't go down. One month I used 100GB on my 1Mbps account and it stayed on 5 stars because I did most of my downloading during those hours. Another month I downloaded mostly during the day and it went down to 3 stars for a week. That month I used 50 GB. Axxess I read bad things about.

I'm currently with Openweb. They are very good although I could get nearly line speed on torrents with Web Africa during the day on Web Africa but on Openweb I can't get near that, but not having to worry about usage I find freedom in...and I'm paying 60 less for my account :) After 7 it's always full speed for everything. During the day everything except downloads runs at full speed.

WebAfrica Helper

Web Africa representative
Hi guys

I need some advice regarding both Axxess and WA in terms of the better ISP for a 1mbps line. I use about 50-60gb's a month on a 1 mbps line. Which would be the better ISP to move to and that won't throttle me for such usage?

Or do they both throttle anyways following such usage?

You could definitely do 50-60gb on a 1mbs just as long as most of your downloading happens between 12-6am you should be on a 4-5 stars. Being on a 3 star will just impact your day time/business hours experience but after 5pm it should resume to normal.