Axxess Sim only Telkom LTE starting at R99 pm

ProAsm

Expert Member
mmm... time for WebAfrica and Afrihost to drop their (Telkom) prices as well.

Wernerjvv

It doesn't look like the router on their site support 2300? Doesn't TM use that band?

Budza

Executive Member
Can I use my Fixed LTE service anywhere?
You can use the LTE service anywhere provided you are within the relevant provider's Telkom coverage area. That said, Fixed LTE is designed to be a fixed home-based product and it can take up to 24 hours to connect to the new tower if you do move it.

What does this mean?

I can't put the SIM in an old phone/2nd SIM slot and use it for a mobile hotspot? Will it take "up to 24 hours" every time it changes tower?

Also, what's the cancellation policy? I see it's R999 if cancelled in < 6months. After that it's 1 months notice, no further penalties?

Wernerjvv

Can I use my Fixed LTE service anywhere?
You can use the LTE service anywhere provided you are within the relevant provider's Telkom coverage area. That said, Fixed LTE is designed to be a fixed home-based product and it can take up to 24 hours to connect to the new tower if you do move it.

What does this mean?

I can't put the SIM in an old phone/2nd SIM slot and use it for a mobile hotspot? Will it take "up to 24 hours" every time it changes tower?

Also, what's the cancellation policy? I see it's R999 if cancelled in < 6months. After that it's 1 months notice, no further penalties?
It's 6 months if you take the router.

Is there a cancellation policy?

Yes, should you cancel your Fixed LTE package(with Free Router) in less than 6 months from signup date, or your account falls into arrears, you will automatically be charged a cancellation fee of R999.

Should you decide to cancel your SIM Only package, a calendar months' notice is required.

Budza

Executive Member
It's 6 months if you take the router.

Is there a cancellation policy?

Yes, should you cancel your Fixed LTE package(with Free Router) in less than 6 months from signup date, or your account falls into arrears, you will automatically be charged a cancellation fee of R999.

Should you decide to cancel your SIM Only package, a calendar months' notice is required.
lol- that was just another scroll down. I missed it.

I'll give this a go, see how the SIM handles use as a normal mobile SIM.

Will order next month, so I get the full data allocation.

Note too:

Does unused data roll over at the end of the month?
In-bundle Anytime data will roll over for up to 60 days within a Calendar Month. Unused Night Surfer data and Bonus Data does not roll over.

Wernerjvv

lol- that was just another scroll down. I missed it.

I'll give this a go, see how the SIM handles use as a normal mobile SIM.

Will order next month, so I get the full data allocation.

Note too:

Does unused data roll over at the end of the month?
In-bundle Anytime data will roll over for up to 60 days within a Calendar Month. Unused Night Surfer data and Bonus Data does not roll over.
Data rollover same as TM.

hackerjargon

Thx OP for this, would have missed it. I've been doing the Monice deals but this kicks it out the window. Much better.

ld13

Honorary Master
So you can take the ZTE MF283V with Axxess or the Huawei B525 with Afrihost, for the same price. What modem is better?

cavedog

Honorary Master
Can you do port forwarding? Telkom recently blocked this on all the current LTE cards!
No they did not. I'm using the unrestricted apn right now and still getting a 41. ip address as the WAN ip address. With DMZ pointed to my console the nat status is open.

bmcd

Hi all
Looking at dropping my ADSL line and going to this Axxess 60+60 setup.
Router probably Huawei B525-65a or B618-65d from huaweistore.co.za (both R1,999)
Which is better and will these be ok on the Telkom network.