Axxess spiteful or incompetent? Need a "B" number.

ambroseg1

Honorary Master
So lying about 24/7 support has just rubbed me the wrong way with Axxess for far too long, so decided to seek greener and cheaper pastures.

Cancellation with Axxess set for 30 September 2020. They however are not responding to my requests to provide me with my Unique Line ID (UID) or "B" number as I am on Openserve infrastructure.

This "B" number is needed by the new ISP to make the transition/take over of my line as painless as possible. I have requested this "B" number several times and it seems they are purposely not answering the question. Just received this e-mail from the new ISP, which has now also annoyed me slightly. Seems like I am being extorted from both sides here. And they don't even know the line is now 50/25 :confused:

Thank you

Please ask them for a 40/20Mbps Openserve Fibre Line circuit number, without that number we will have to send an Openserve technician and allocate a new number which will be a billable call out of R 1250.00

Regards
Lindiwe

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
So lying about 24/7 support has just rubbed me the wrong way with Axxess for far too long, so decided to seek greener and cheaper pastures.

Cancellation with Axxess set for 30 September 2020. They however are not responding to my requests to provide me with my Unique Line ID (UID) or "B" number as I am on Openserve infrastructure.

This "B" number is needed by the new ISP to make the transition/take over of my line as painless as possible. I have requested this "B" number several times and it seems they are purposely not answering the question. Just received this e-mail from the new ISP, which has now also annoyed me slightly. Seems like I am being extorted from both sides here. And they don't even know the line is now 50/25 :confused:
The B number will only be in the holding pool once Axxess releases it. You should be able to get the B number from the sessions in the usage history in the control panel.

If you are not able to find the B number once the B number is released into the holding pool at the end of the month the new ISP can place a provide order on the 1st of September and then Openserve will automatically migrate the B number from the holding pool to the new ISP.

@Captain Axxess Might be able to assist here.

Captain Axxess

Company Representative
Company Rep
QUOTE="ambroseg1, post: 25963742, member: 61586"]

[/QUOTE]

Hi there, @ambroseg1, Drop me an email to captainaxxess@internet.co.za containing your account info(Account number or ID number) and I'll have a look for you.

ambroseg1

Honorary Master
The B number will only be in the holding pool once Axxess releases it. You should be able to get the B number from the sessions in the usage history in the control panel.

If you are not able to find the B number once the B number is released into the holding pool at the end of the month the new ISP can place a provide order on the 1st of September and then Openserve will automatically migrate the B number from the holding pool to the new ISP.

@Captain Axxess Might be able to assist here.
First bit of useful information I received today. Thank you very much. You have to download the excel spreadsheet of your usage history to get the elusive "B" number. It is under the column "Phone Number".

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
First bit of useful information I received today. Thank you very much. You have to download the excel spreadsheet of your usage history to get the elusive "B" number. It is under the column "Phone Number".
Yes should be there.

Remember to match the package speed you had when migrating. Then do upgrades or downgrades at the new ISP. The B number will only available to migrate if it's in the holding pool. It will not stop working when it goes to the holding pool so you won't know you would need to just follow and make sure it gets migrated. If not Openserve will cease it in the holding pool requiring a new B number and ONT swap.

ambroseg1

Honorary Master
Hi there, @ambroseg1, Drop me an email to captainaxxess@internet.co.za containing your account info(Account number or ID number) and I'll have a look for you.
Perhaps you can answer me here publicly. Why in the control panel does it have two options...one to cancel the service, and one to migrate.

The migrate option clearly states under its description, that it is if you are moving to another ISP. Then I receive this email from Axxess. Please focus on the highlighted and underlined bit!

This is to confirm that your service () (address removed) has been scheduled to cancel at the end of September 2020, for another service with Axxess.

We are happy to have you stay with us and hope you enjoy your new service!

ambroseg1

Honorary Master
Yes should be there.

Remember to match the package speed you had when migrating. Then do upgrades or downgrades at the new ISP. The B number will only available to migrate if it's in the holding pool. It will not stop working when it goes to the holding pool so you won't know you would need to just follow and make sure it gets migrated. If not Openserve will cease it in the holding pool requiring a new B number and ONT swap.
I cannot even get Axxes to confirm the date in writing when the service will stop. They indicate end of September (in that automated e-mail), but it happened to a colleague just last week that cancelled with Cool Ideas to go to Axxess that the service from Cool Ideas was stopped mid month, and Axxess took it over mid month. Cool Ideas charged for the full month, and Axxess charged pro rata for the half since they were active. Neither will refund the half month that Cool Ideas charged e xtra for. This after she confirmed NUMEROUS times that the service will end month end and start with Axxess in the new month. This was however with Frogfoot.

I really would like just 3 simple questions answered which I have repeated numerous times to the support staff, which just gets ignored.

1. Confirm when the last day of service will be. 23:59 on 30 September 2020
I assume?????
2. Confirm what my Unique Line ID (UID) or "B" number is.
3. Confirm that only the internet service is cancelled and NOT the actual
line with Openserve. I am moving to a new ISP with the same Openserve line
infrastructure that my new ISP will take over.
But even the cancellation/migration thing on the control panel dashboard is very ambiguous. See my question above to @Captain Axxess

Captain Axxess

Company Representative
Company Rep
1. Yes, this is correct.
2. (I haven't received your mail as of yet. As soon as I do, I will be able to check what your B number is)
3. When the line is moved into the holding pool it would be placed in a soft-suspended state, meaning you will be able to use the line even though it is not with the current provider anymore. Only the Data service will be canceled and the line itself will still be usable.