Axxess top-up fail

DearHeart

Expert Member
I used the Axxess Android mobile app this morning in order to top up my Telkom account for R150/10gb. An error popped up in the app indicating that it wasn't successful. I immediately repeated the process and this time it was successful.

Later on this morning I noticed that the first transaction actually did go through, and I paid twice. On notifying Axxess support, the agent asked me to describe what error message I received. Since I couldn't recall the exact wording, I was informed that Axxess cannot take responsibility for the double payment.

Lesson learned: In the future I will take a screenshot of every single error in every app :cautious:

Just a final word and some kudos to Axxess, I'll rather keep on getting my Telkom data via Axxess, than having to deal with Telkom directly :rolleyes:

BCR

Expert Member
@DearHeart

I think you should email the Axxess accounts dept - accounts@internet.co.za - to see if they will credit you for the one recharge ; they've been very good / efficient at sorting a few things out for me in the past.

Ironically, I'm leaving Axxess to deal with Telkom directly for prepaid LTE.
Same performance for somewhat better pricing :
eg. Telkom through Axxess 50 + 50 = R299 pm
Telkom direct - 60 + 60 (they don't offer a 50 package) = R459 / 2 months = R229.50 pm if you can make the 60GB anytime last that long, OR even the 80 + 80 = R559 / 2 months = R279.50 pm for the 80GB anytime to last over 2 months.
All depends on one's personal situation re data requirements.

DearHeart

Expert Member
@BayCityRoller, thanks for the heads-up, I did email Axxess and received what seems like automated replies, will see if I receive a direct answer.

Regarding the Telkom prepaid, I actually am already using a prepaid Telkom SIM in my mobile phone, the 5gb /2 months package, will have a look at the other options. Either way, I really get excellent speeds on Telkom LTE and haven't had any downtime since I switched from Rain some months ago.

BCR

Expert Member
Their accounts dept will probably take up to a day to get back to you, but if they don't, you're likely to get a better response from them during a call, compared to the support dept.

Telkom's also solid enough where I am, with generally above average to very good speeds (ie. around 50 - 100+ Mbps) ; just hope it stays that way as Rain / Cell C / MTN aren't viable due to lack of performance / latency, and Vodacom due to expense, last I checked their pricing.

EDIT : please note :
from your wording " ... the 5gb /2 months package ... " - it's not a package in & of itself, but merely the fact that they allow the Anytime data to last for 60 days vs. the Night data element to last only 30 days.
I'm not sure if the 5 + 5 gives that option (of a 60 day / 30 day split) ?

DearHeart

Expert Member
So sad about Rain, I used them for a number of months until it rained on their party, ended up with 50 Kbps on a good day :crying: Vodacom has a 100GB / 100GB "uncapped" package for R399 pm month, but throttled at 10 Mbps and a 36 month contract. I must admit that it compares well to the fiber packages with the same speed, but the contract period puts me off :(

Reactions: BCR