Axxess Uncapped ADSL: R99 per month

widowmaker

Excluding 384Kbps lines, why would you only want an account "just for surfing" if you have a faster line? If its just for browsing then a 2Gig or 3Gig account should suffice and it will cost you a lot less that R249 and you will get full use of your 4Mb and now 10mb line.

A R99 account for a 384Kbps is a good offer, but is it worth it on a faster line?

Bernie

Expert Member
Looks like a good deal to me. I signed up - will only start on 1st Oct though. This kind of account will definitely suite my folks who are currently being ripped off by mwebs' 1 gig /pm account. This is good for competition and further lower prices down the line. Nice one Axxess!!

pjjdp

Expert Member
The only thing I don't like is that it's probably IS bandwidth. As per their site you can use the IS SMTP server.

iCare

I'm gonna give this a go...should I go with Openweb or Axxess? any recommendations

bradel

Does emule and Kazaa still exist? Limewire still be used? I stopped getting PC viruses/using kazaa 10 years ago or something.

bradel

I signed up for this account and so far I am happy :)
Torrents are downloading at a max speed of 31 KB/s on my 384 line.
It looks like you can have either one of two things but not both.
1.Surf the Internet as much as you like
2.Download 2 Torrent files ( max speed of 20 KB/s)

Thats my experience so far. But for R99 a month it's really worth it.

I just cancelled my R19 pm axxess lite account. No more topups!

You answered my question to a tee. But as someone else mentioned, worried about them changing p2p to be even more shaped. Thing is i only download using a torrent or something like it maybe once or twice a month. So i still need that odd space to be able to do the odd download.

bradel

Not criticizing, just thinking out loud, hoping to get an answer. I think out of ALL the new offers, this is the best general purpose package i have heard of.

Kabal

Good job... This is perfect for surfers only. Now we need to see how this will work for gamers. Huge updates, almost daily updates for TF2. Not to mention latency for WOW.

fluffy54

I'm waiting for when someone uses a seedbox and downloads the files using http. Then the issues will start, but I hope not as it seems like a nice move.

gilani777

Does emule and Kazaa still exist? Limewire still be used? I stopped getting PC viruses/using kazaa 10 years ago or something.

You'd be surprised. I've had to sought out a couple of PC's recently and a few of them had limewire sitting on the desktop.

Gunner182

Expert Member
Awesome! I don't mind the shaping, just waiting for Mweb to respond, otherwise I'm moving to Axxess

LFX

Expert Member
http throttling just doesn't sit well with me... irrespective of the sites (rapidshare etc).

what will prevent them from just adding more and more sites in the future....

p2p is understandable.... but not http

Buzybuy

Dealer
Would like to get one of these accounts to test.

I have tested the uncapped R199 account that was offered from IS and I was not impressed.
Even normal browsing speeds were slow.

Will be interesting to see what the R99 account offers.

Ono'rach

Executive Member
If you told me one year ago that you would be able to have an uncapped account for less than R100, I would have called you a liar...

Nice going Axxess! :)

bigkahuna

YouTube vids seem to stream a little bit faster than on my Telkom account... :D
Gonna watch Meals on wheels later youtube.com/movies

Anthro

Expert Member
Can someone please test International gaming latency with these accounts !!
Much appreciated