Axxess Uncapped ADSL: R99 per month

whatwhat

Executive Member
Well done Axxess.

Going to their website now, I notice the Express accounts are gone again.

stevenv

Expert Member
I'm just waiting for all the massive downloaders and heavy gamers who start using these services instead of "proper" accounts to start bitching when they only get 5KBps :D

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
I'm just waiting for all the massive downloaders and heavy gamers who start using these services instead of "proper" accounts to start bitching when they only get 5KBps :D

You can hardly blame them. They need to make these things clear in the product title and branding. Just calling it "uncapped" creates a lot of confusion in people's minds. They should use a more accurate product description.

That is what we have been saying all along. A lot of people don't read the fine print... yes. (their fault I know)... but you can hardly blame them for taking the product simply by it's product description. That is the fault of the seller... not of the user. Not all of them are MyBB members. They just come here to whine about it.

They could fix it by calling it "uncapped browsing" or some other creative catchy name. But "uncapped" alone means something completely different to most people.

wikus

If the shaping is two times as bad as it is on their "Unshaped" Uncapped accounts, since they've cut the price in half, this account will be unusable, even to do extremely basic things such as downloading a 3KB email.

No victory for, or upliftment of the bandwidth-starved masses here, move along

Budza

Executive Member
You can hardly blame them. They need to make these things clear in the product title and branding. Just calling it "uncapped" creates a lot of confusion in people's minds. They should use a more accurate product description.

That is what we have been saying all along. A lot of people don't read the fine print... yes. (their fault I know)... but you can hardly blame them for taking the product simply by it's product description. That is the fault of the seller... not of the user. Not all of them are MyBB members. They just come here to whine about it.

They could fix it by calling it "uncapped browsing" or some other creative catchy name. But "uncapped" alone means something completely different to most people.

That's why it's called "Just Surf" :)

sparticus

Expert Member
FAIL - Normal surfing wont take up more than 5GB surely ? You need uncap for things like streaming , P2P etc etc.

Bosvark@

Expert Member
I think its a matter of time before a new AUP and moans about this service.

You get what you pay for in most cases...

Wayne2k

Wonder what is the actual download speeds from Filehosting sites like Megaupload and streaming "media" from tnaflix.

Nimz

Executive Member
Would be nice if they offered some trial accounts and reply to this thread

phillipgibb

oh, wow, that is seriously cool.
even with the high line rentals, this is awesome.
bring those line rentals down and South Africa will blast into the internet future.
who am I kidding, Telkom won't do that, not willingly.
hmmm
http://phillipgibb.com

inferno

Telkom will never drop their ridiculous rental costs, until there is some serious competition.
Wherefore art thou, Neotel ?

Telkom would be stupid if they dropped their line rental prices. There is just no reason to do so.

Slash69

"We have had numerous requests for a browsing type Uncapped package that suits the budgets of low usage users; OpenBrowse Uncapped ADSL is the answer", says Keoma Wright, founder of OpenWeb.

Oh really, Mr. Wright? Well, if you had all of these "numerous requests" for such an uncapped package, then why did wait for Axxess to bring one out before you reacted? That is like saying, "Well, we don't really care what our subscribers want, until they can get what they want somewhere else". Not good marketing Keoma...

Decotey

Expert Member
With per gb prices as low as R19 per gb for R99 u can get 5gb of access and surf to ur hearts conten and on 384 its gonna be difficult to surf out 5gb. And then u can also use ur bandwidth on anything u want

Speedster

Honorary Master
It's pretty scary that despite these packages the cost for a 384kbps "uncapped" account is R382pm - with R131+R152=R283 going to Telkom.