Axxess unveils cheapest-ever high-speed uncapped ADSL accounts

Dan C

Honorary Master
Axxess said its new Home Uncapped service is suited for casual users who use the Internet for general browsing and email.

Why would one have an uncapped account to do just that ?

Afrihost-Gian

Afrihost CEO
Company Rep
Very nice Axxess! I love it when you spring surprises like this on us!!

Love your work!

Last edited:

bokka1

Expert Member
What is the threshold on these packages before you get slowed down?

Yuu

Executive Member
Axxess AUP page said:
Home Uncapped / Premium Uncapped ADSL
The Axxess Protocol Manager is used to provide all uncapped users on our network with the best possible internet experience. During peak network times, we give priority to real time services (such as browsing, email, streaming etc), high bandwidth services such as NNTP, Peer-to-Peer and Torrents (and similar but not limited to) will receive less priority. Clients deemed to be continuously uploading/downloading or using the service for unattended automated processes will be managed by the Axxess Protocol Manager. The Axxess Protocol Manager may be used to manage clients by rate limiting (slowing down speed) and limiting or preventing service using specific protocols or ports. We reserve the right to use the Axxess Protocol Manager to manage the integrity of our network should network capacity not be available at any time, we assure our clients that we will do this in a responsible manner should the need arise.

Any user that is found attempting to bypass or circumvent the Axxess Protocol Manager will be suspended and could have their service cancelled.

Home Uncapped accounts are best suited for average home users with little to no high bandwidth services such as NNTP, Peer-to-Peer and Torrents (and similar but not limited to). Premium Uncapped accounts are better suited to more advanced users, and are managed proactively by the Axxess Protocol Manager.
Link to AUP

Dissect away, just did a quick copy paste for you guys.

Chevron

Serial breaker of phones
Exactly. Am I missing something here? We honestly need a new definition for "uncapped".

These are labelled "Home". Home accounts aren't for power users. Never have been.

PostManPat

Peace of mind. Convenience. No stress from counting every kb.

When I was on uncapped, I actually tallied my data at the end of every month. Never managed to do above 400GB due to shaping constrictions, yet moving to cap I actually moved up to 600-800GB range for the month.

Uncapped was just coined to trick people to think they actually had the better internet deal than those who knew their usage cap.

midnightcaller

Expert Member
So which of these packages would be suitable for video steaming :

Youtube

Netflix

Hulu

Showmax

TEXTILE GUY

Honorary Master
Uncapped .... but are they shaped?

Which one equates to the AH business account?