Axxess unveils cheapest-ever high-speed uncapped ADSL accounts

JStrike

Honorary Master
So which of these packages would be suitable for video steaming :

Youtube

Netflix

Hulu

Showmax

I stream Netflix, Hulu, iTunes, HBO for 5+ hours every day on Mweb Uncapped and have never noticed any issue.
I don't know anything about Axxess

siraman

Expert Member
These are labelled "Home". Home accounts aren't for power users. Never have been.

Yes we know that, but surely if you are a casual user(mostly e-mail and surfing as per article) you'd pretty much know your bandwidth usage and simply buy a capped account with say a 10GB "buffer" to cover your "stress from counting every kb".Sorry, I'm not sold that a "home uncapped" account is purely for casual usage when our digital life mostly resides at home.Yes a premium home account I can understand, purely in terms of differentiating product performance and pricing advantage.

JStrike

Honorary Master
Yes we know that, but surely if you are a casual user(mostly e-mail and surfing as per article) you'd pretty much know your bandwidth usage and simply buy a capped account with say a 10GB "buffer" to cover your "stress from counting every kb".Sorry, I'm not sold that a "home uncapped" account is purely for casual usage when our digital life mostly resides at home.Yes a premium home account I can understand, purely in terms of differentiating product performance and pricing advantage.

I have no idea what my usage is, not am I interested in knowing. I want to pay a set amount every month, and thereafter I don't even think about the internet

siraman

Expert Member
I have no idea what my usage is, not am I interested in knowing. I want to pay a set amount every month, and thereafter I don't even think about the internet

I'm practically forced to know by all the usage stat's I get via e-mail every morning even on uncapped, so yes I pretty much know my usage and will plan and budget accordingly and "Set" it.

JStrike

Honorary Master
I'm practically forced to know by all the usage stat's I get via e-mail every morning even on uncapped, so yes I pretty much know my usage and will plan and budget accordingly and "Set" it.

That sounds awful. Luckily I don't get sent any usage stats

Browser

Axxess said its new Home Uncapped service is suited for casual users who use the Internet for general browsing and email.
Why would one have an uncapped account to do just that ?

Absolutely no idea, if someone's only using small amounts of bandwidth there are cheaper, faster and more reliable accounts all over the place.

AXXESS Home Uncapped accounts are best suited for average home users with little to no high bandwidth services..

Fixed that for you, also what utter nonsense. The "average" home user uses a lot of bandwidth even if just sticking you video streaming, a household of them uses many times more. Go peddle this turd elsewhere.

siraman

Expert Member
Absolutely no idea, if someone's only using small amounts of bandwidth there are cheaper, faster and more reliable accounts all over the place.

Fixed that for you, also what utter nonsense. The "average" home user uses a lot of bandwidth even if just sticking you video streaming, a household of them uses many times more. Go peddle this turd elsewhere.

^That and please no mention that we should move to business uncapped accounts,PLEASE fix home uncapped, more so in light of the digital lifestyles we should enjoy at home(e-mail alone is not cutting it:D).

falcon786

Honorary Master
These are labelled "Home". Home accounts aren't for power users. Never have been.

That doesn't make sense at all my wife and kids stream more GB of data a month than me just by streaming youtube on a 20mb line so no need to be a power user to use lots of GB's.:wtf:

Surv0

Executive Member
More BS pushed to consumers with the idea that they are scoring with this deal when in fact they really arent.