Bad news if you've ordered alcohol online

eg2505

Honorary Master
sure the boozehounds have stocked up, so this is pointless.

Nerfherder

Honorary Master
I was keen to see if the small brewery I used before would deliver on Monday morning - like perhaps they didnt see the announcement... but decided not to risk it.

abzob

Honorary Master
Why not? If the alcohol was purchased before the change it should be delivered.

Do you understand what “distribution” means or do you need to lay off the alcohol?

krycor

Honorary Master
Why not? If the alcohol was purchased before the change it should be delivered.

because if they get pulled off the road in a road block and found distributing they got legal issues and fees to pay. The prohibition is on distribution and sale.. not just sale.

I dunno i find it very disingenuous of the industry, from the initial ban it was laid out that they need to keep hospital admissions open for other cases and alcohol related cases are very preventable. If you have anyone in the medical industry who tells it like it is.. ask them what happens on pay day to 1st week of month with cases coming in. it's not some obscure stat its been a problem here for decades so when they need to keep admissions low to cater for a pandemic and they re-opened sales, incidences spike and alcohol incidences in hospital start becoming a large % you'd have to be a stoner not to think they gonna ban it again.. d-u-h.

And no.. abuse here is globally higher here. I see wiki says we in the top 10 nations per capita. crazy that we higher up the list than Germany

LCBXX

Honorary Master
Do you understand what “distribution” means or do you need to lay off the alcohol?
because if they get pulled off the road in a road block and found distributing they got legal issues and fees to pay. The prohibition is on distribution and sale.. not just sale.

I dunno i find it very disingenuous of the industry, from the initial ban it was laid out that they need to keep hospital admissions open for other cases and alcohol related cases are very preventable. And no.. abuse here is globally higher here. I see wiki says we in the top 10 nations per capita. crazy that we high up the list than Germany
The courier can present Bheki's enforcers with the proof of purchase showing that it was procured before the new regulations.

WAslayer

Executive Member
The courier can present Bheki's enforcers with the proof of purchase showing that it was procured before the new regulations.
Date of purchase does not matter.. the action taking place is distribution, which in and of itself is banned..

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
I understand why many people are frustrated at the alcohol ban, but having been in a casualty ward (with kidney stones) I can understand why. Half of the beds were taken up with people who were there because of alcohol (assaults and accidents). So if you are a responsible drinker, then you're excused. But if you are one of the idiots who abuses alcohol (or other people because of alcohol), then this is your fault.

grok

Honorary Master
I understand why many people are frustrated at the alcohol ban, but having been in a casualty ward (with kidney stones) I can understand why. Half of the beds were taken up with people who were there because of alcohol (assaults and accidents). So if you are a responsible drinker, then you're excused. But if you are one of the idiots who abuses alcohol (or other people because of alcohol), then this is your fault.
So when are we banning driving, approx 1 million reported road accidents per year, think of all the beds we could make available to covid if everybody walked..

WAslayer

Executive Member
So when are we banning driving, approx 1 million reported road accidents per year, think of all the beds we could make available to covid if everybody walked..
How many of that 1 million is alcohol related..? Or is that 1 million already excluding alcohol related accidents..?

chrisc

Executive Member
No sales
No distributing (this means delivery)

Fairly clear, why must people argue?
The liquor outlet will be closed anyway