Bad Parking Pictures

Ivan Leon

Expert Member
'Great Parking Picture'
First prize for most accurate and considerate parking this week goes to Rocket HEMS
1f44d.png
1f44f.png
1f44c.png

(Photo and parking credit to Ruan Steyn - courtesy of the FlyAfrica FB Group)

1622868450925.png

Ivan Leon

Expert Member
My town summed up in 1 picture.

View attachment 1091377
So, not only is the 'super-entitled' & inconsiderate driver of the BMW X3 straddling TWO parking bays (the one on the left appears to be wide enough to easily accommodate a US Army HumVee), but from the way that ALL of the other cars have been parked - it appears that the 'Reverse Parking' rule has also been disregarded as well...

j4ck455

Executive Member
So, not only is the 'super-entitled' & inconsiderate driver of the BMW X3 straddling TWO parking bays (the one on the left appears to be wide enough to easily accommodate a US Army HumVee), but from the way that ALL of the other cars have been parked - it appears that the 'Reverse Parking' rule has also been disregarded as well...
There's a rule against reversing into a parking space? (where Voicy lives, not sure if it's Norway, does Norway even get that much sunshine in Summer)

I know that in SA, the traffic law prohibits parking facing oncoming traffic for the adjacent lane, not exactly the same as reversing into a perpendicular parking space.

Voicy

Honorary Master
There's a rule against reversing into a parking space? (where Voicy lives, not sure if it's Norway, does Norway even get that much sunshine in Summer)

I know that in SA, the traffic law prohibits parking facing oncoming traffic for the adjacent lane, not exactly the same as reversing into a perpendicular parking space.

The sun hasn't set since May and won't set until the end of July. We get a lot of sun...problem is we get all of it at once and then no more sun from Nov to Feb. :p

But yeah, Norway doesn't have the "prohibited to park facing oncoming traffic" rule and it irritates the **** out of me. People here are TERRIBLE parkers.

I mean... (Don't mind the floof, even HE could park better than this Tesla owner)

1624405313214.png

ganja bobby

Ballito Junction Mall. The yellow crosses are spaces designated for vet customers only. There is a huge sign in front of each space saying so. These folks weren’t. Took their sweet time to offload their passengers before realising they have to move. Security watched the whole thing and did zero. Seems to be turning into a drop off zone for those pretending to be ignorant. To make things worse, it’s right near the exit so we end up having to wait and block those wanting to leave the mall.

53B49516-BD4B-4AF9-9DD9-A0A7BB59C7EB.jpeg

Leo_

Ballito Junction Mall. The yellow crosses are spaces designated for vet customers only. There is a huge sign in front of each space saying so. These folks weren’t. Took their sweet time to offload their passengers before realising they have to move. Security watched the whole thing and did zero. Seems to be turning into a drop off zone for those pretending to be ignorant. To make things worse, it’s right near the exit so we end up having to wait and block those wanting to leave the mall.

View attachment 1096171
Thanks for raising my BP and making me angry at a photo :thumbsup:

Ivan Leon

Expert Member
King's Mall, Gonubie, EC - 'IDGAF' pics taken last year during Level 5 Lockdown (21 April 2020) when I went shopping there (hence the CityRover parked in the background of an almost empty parking lot...)

20200421_084042.jpg

20200421_084059.jpg

20200421_084117.jpg

20200421_084124.jpg