Bajaj Qute

Tsepz_GP

Expert Member
I’m seeing this as a replacement to courier motorbikes. Or perhaps as cheap inner city taxis.
Yep, I had spotted one of these things operating as taxis in Sandton last year before lockdown.
Here’s one I spotted I believe the last week of working at the office before lockdown:
D8D1A05F-2215-4C58-9AB9-50EEEAA435DC.jpeg

newby_investor

Expert Member
I had a Bajaj motorbike while I was a student. Definitely not as refined as a Honda or Kawasaki but for the money it was really decent.

Don't know if I would bother with one of these, especially not new. @6spdmanual I'm one of the people who prefers to drive cheap cars and bash BMWs ;) but I think there's more value to be had in a decent used car than one of these.

I prefer my ABS brakes thank you very much. Economy is one thing but don't compromise on safety THAT much.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
My problem isn't the lack of safety features, or the fact that it is a shell and they didn't even bother with a carpet and interior trim, the problem is the shape, what a hideous looking thing.

Nurple Derple

Honorary Master
This looks like somebody glued a gazibo to a mobility scooter.

But at that price this would make an excellent little delivery vehicle for small businesses

TheChamp

Honorary Master
This looks like somebody glued a gazibo to a mobility scooter.

But at that price this would make an excellent little delivery vehicle for small businesses
Looking at how slow the tuk tuks are I have no faith in this thing as a delivery car, it will take you ages to deliver anything, watching them struggling to go up an incline with the driver helplessly sitting there is the most painful thing to watch.

If I had R65k and wanted a delivery vehicle I would buy a Cherry QQ or some Spark, I don't think there would be much difference in terms of running costs, you will be able to make more trips, load more and make more money to pay for the extra petrol.