Bakwena E-Tag

Nexum1

Hi All!

Does anyone have any idea how I could get hold of a Bakwena e-Tag to save some time in the mornings? I obviously don't want a Sanral e-Tag, or atleast I don't want Sanral to have a open route to my Credit Card. I contacted Bakwena and they are not issuing those tags anymore. Apparently you can still use a tag that has not been cancelled so at this point I'm willing to buy one(or two) from someone.

If anyone has any other ideas on what I could possibly do, please, any advice would be much appreciated!

Nexum1

Aren't they all linked now anyway
I could be wrong but I don't think so, my dad still has an old Bakwena E-Tag account, hasn't paid a cent to Scamral. The tag beeps, but nothing ever appears on the statement regarding gantries - only toll booths.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Hi All!

Does anyone have any idea how I could get hold of a Bakwena e-Tag to save some time in the mornings? I obviously don't want a Sanral e-Tag, or atleast I don't want Sanral to have a open route to my Credit Card. I contacted Bakwena and they are not issuing those tags anymore. Apparently you can still use a tag that has not been cancelled so at this point I'm willing to buy one(or two) from someone.

If anyone has any other ideas on what I could possibly do, please, any advice would be much appreciated!

Do you drive the GFIP roads often and pass under the gantries?

Nexum1

Do you drive the GFIP roads often and pass under the gantries?
My route includes 2 toll gates and 2 gantries a day. The non GFIP routes are ridiculously lengthy. I used to have an e-Tag, so I did have a taste of the sweet life but then I cancelled my account when e-Tolls started appearing in fear of it getting linked. So I sit in these long queues everyday at the toll gate, which hasn't bothered me much, since I was doing it to not fund a dysfunctional scam.

What made me wonder was when I followed my dad's car through the toll gate the other day and while I was slowing down, he sped up and wooshed through the toll gate. He never cancelled his Bakwena account and hasn't paid a thing to scamral, and just like everyone else he "hasn't received any bill" either.

Zarnicate

Below is from their web page. I recall my buddy also needed to phone them for his a few years ago.
E-tag accounts need to be opened for all social discount holders. For more information please contact 012-743-9000 or 0800 BAKWENAfor more information. For NorthWest residents, you may visit our offices in: Groot Marico (BP Garage on Voortrekker Street) or the Marlotti Guest Lodge (19 Pretorius Street, Swartruggens)

Zarnicate

Has anybody been successful in getting a Bakwena e-tag recently which is not linked to Scamral.
Thus it will work for the Bakwena Tollgate but not register on the Scamral gantries?

Zarnicate

The Bakwena one is the Sanral one

Thus basically there is no more separate Bakwena Tag and SANRAL tag?

In the past you could get a Bakwena tag and you had to register with SANRAL (e-Toll).
Thus if you did not register with SANRAL you only paid for the Bakwena tollgate but not for the e-toll from SANRAL.

The_David

Yeah looks like that all fell away around 2014. Now its one and the same.