Ban guns for private citizens, says Bheki Cele as 30,000 weapons are destroyed

Space_Kriek

Ok so what about me as a private citizen busy with the competency and licensing process. Is it a waste of time and money or is it still viable for me to try get a weapon the LEGAL way?

eg2505

Honorary Master
every time I hear such statements form the police commissioner, I think of the Nazis.

as one of the first things they also did was ban weapons for private citizens.

I look at the EFF and I see the brownshirts (SA) and I look at some of the BEE policies,
I see how the Nazis kicked out Jews from their jobs and forced them to immigrate.

history seems to repeat itself constantly.

Lew Skannen

Expert Member
every time I hear such statements form the police commissioner, I think of the Nazis.

as one of the first things they also did was ban weapons for private citizens.

I look at the EFF and I see the brownshirts (SA) and I look at some of the BEE policies,
I see how the Nazis kicked out Jews from their jobs and forced them to immigrate.

history seems to repeat itself constantly.
Whether the ANC will eventually capable of doing this still remains to be seen. Things are a bit different in SA today. They have quite a number of people and advanced technology to deal with first....

Arthur

Honorary Master
Excuse me, Mr Cele. You don't seem to be aware that one of the distinguishing features of criminals is their disregard for the law.

What makes you think they'll obey the law restricting firearm ownership to the police?

Last edited:

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
Excuse me, Mr Cele. You don't seem to be aware that one of the distinguishing features of criminals is their disregard for the law.

What makes you think they'll obey the law restricting firearm ownership to the police?
He's just following the example of every gun control proponent around the world, when have they ever focused on criminals instead of legal firearm owners? Never of course.

Chuckmyster

Honorary Master
banning guns/rifles from public because they kill is like banning cars/taxis/trucks/busses etc to get our road deaths down to zero