Ban guns for private citizens, says Bheki Cele as 30,000 weapons are destroyed

Techne

Honorary Master
With all the batteries at people's houses these days I think we will see the emergence of AI controlled rail guns at people's houses.
Bullets? Nails from Builder's Warehouse?
AI? Python scripts, open source neural networks trained with GPUs to specifically recognise politicians.

So, anybody out there know of a good site to build these things?

rietrot

Honorary Master
He has a small point that people seem to miss. Lots of gun owners give up their guns way to easily when criminals ask, because it's just lieing in the safe not being used anyway. These people probability shouldn't own guns in the first place.

rambo919

Expert Member
There are sporadic reports of the country being flooded with cheap chinese imports recently that "dissapeared". Taking away the few legal arms that still survive won't end well if this rumor is only half true.

rietrot

Honorary Master
And whose ultimate fault is it that the gun just lies in the safe, given how hostile the law is towards gun owners?
I don't know. But it is a problem that criminals have this easy access to guns. ideally police should probably do their job an go after the criminals not the victims. Like I'm blaming the victims of crime. But gun ownership does come with some responsibility? This isn't an ideal world. In this shîthole we have to make the best with what we got and prevent criminals from getting access to more weapons.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
I don't know. But it is a problem that criminals have this easy access to guns. ideally police should probably do their job an go after the criminals not the victims. Like I'm blaming the victims of crime. But gun ownership does come with some responsibility? This isn't an ideal world. In this shîthole we have to make the best with what we got and prevent criminals from getting access to more weapons.
Then you need to change the legal frameworks that exist surrounding gun ownership... make the people who own guns feel less like criminals from day one.