Ban guns for private citizens, says Bheki Cele as 30,000 weapons are destroyed

beans100

Honorary Master
If I was president, I would give guns and incentives to private citizens, for every bad guy they get rid of. Who else will make it safe? Then when there's nothing left, we'll get together and get rid of the guns.

Voting starts soon, so I need votes. Start to give me likes on here :)

smi

Expert Member
Ok so what about me as a private citizen busy with the competency and licensing process. Is it a waste of time and money or is it still viable for me to try get a weapon the LEGAL way?
If you want the weapon go through the motions, could take time, my last application took 3 years to clear, but it wasn't a standard off the shelf purchase

grim101

Ok so what about me as a private citizen busy with the competency and licensing process. Is it a waste of time and money or is it still viable for me to try get a weapon the LEGAL way?
Don't stop. Very hard to take away a weapon you have a license for, but very easy to make it harder to secure a license.

The quicker you get one, the better.

voldoverse

If you ban all the guns, everyone is going to bring a knife and learn how to knife fight.

Why do you think everyone in medieval times walked around with swords. It wasn't to look cool for future television purposes I assure you.
better start brushing up on my Katana skills, always a weapon i wanted to master. and Nunchaku.

Space_Kriek

Don't stop. Very hard to take away a weapon you have a license for, but very easy to make it harder to secure a license.
Got all my paperwork sorted, handing my competency in on Tuesday. Here to hoping the DFO is available

If you want the weapon go through the motions, could take time, my last application took 3 years to clear, but it wasn't a standard off the shelf purchase
hmmm 3 years.... thats a long time to wait, and alot of storage money. I have bought a Rossi .38 snubnose. Sitting at the local gunsmith.

My one mate just got his approved after 7 months

The_Mowgs

Honorary Master
Got all my paperwork sorted, handing my competency in on Tuesday. Here to hoping the DFO is available

hmmm 3 years.... thats a long time to wait, and alot of storage money. I have bought a Rossi .38 snubnose. Sitting at the local gunsmith.

My one mate just got his approved after 7 months
Why did you not go for a pistol?

The_Mowgs

Honorary Master
Its personal preference tbh and the work I do I need a small weapon, something that is easily concealed. I am going to get a pistol later on, thinking about a CZ P05
I have a Sig Sauer and have never been made. Please do enough reloading drills with the .38. Have you had a look at belts and holsters?

The_Mowgs

Honorary Master
Not yet, but busy going through the steps.
Check out Daniel's holster. Get in touch with them and have them make you a holster and check if they have belts in stock.

I good holster and belt makes all of the difference.

AntennaMan

Expert Member
Its personal preference tbh and the work I do I need a small weapon, something that is easily concealed. I am going to get a pistol later on, thinking about a CZ P05
My 2c:
If you need something small and concealable, and if funds allow, consider the Glock 43 (or similar).

The reliability of revolvers is over-stated. The Glock 43 has a capacity of 6+1 (so more than a snubby), reloading is MUCH faster, malfunctions, if any, are easy to clear, it is small and lighter than a snubby. The trigger pull on a Glock isn't as great as many other guns, but it is very consistent. With enough training and shooting, you get used to it very quickly. The trigger pull on a revolver is heavy, and with the grip being what it is, it is more difficult to shoot, compared to a pistol.

The_Mowgs

Honorary Master
My 2c:
If you need something small and concealable, and if funds allow, consider the Glock 43 (or similar).

The reliability of revolvers is over-stated. The Glock 43 has a capacity of 6+1 (so more than a snubby), reloading is MUCH faster, malfunctions, if any, are easy to clear, it is small and lighter than a snubby. The trigger pull on a Glock isn't as great as many other guns, but it is very consistent. With enough training and shooting, you get used to it very quickly. The trigger pull on a revolver is heavy, and with the grip being what it is, it is more difficult to shoot, compared to a pistol.
Would be even better if the P365 makes it's way here

The Trutherizer

Expert Member
I'm definitely not gun crazy like some people out there, but just outright banning firearms is a kneejerk reaction. A simplistic 'solution' for a complex problem. Lazy.
As a self defence weapon you do not get much better than a gun. Knives still exist. Everywhere. A defenceless family attacked by criminals using knives are in just as much potential trouble as a family attacked using guns.
And in our country crime employing guns will not be solved by this proposal. Not while criminals attack police stations and military bases for weapons. Successfully.
Solving the issue should start with addressing why criminals are able to do that. If armed defence forces cannot protect themselves then they should at least allow private citizens to try and defend themselves.

AntennaMan

Expert Member
Would be even better if the P365 makes it's way here
It is here, but the first gen seems to have some reliability issues. And with our licensing system, the process to get anything fixed is too painful to take that kind of chance.
With a defensive weapon, you need to make sure it is reliable. You don't want to hear a click, when you're expecting a bang...

The_Mowgs

Honorary Master
It is here, but the first gen seems to have some reliability issues. And with our licensing system, the process to get anything fixed is too painful to take that kind of chance.
With a defensive weapon, you need to make sure it is reliable. You don't want to hear a click, when you're expecting a bang...
Who has stock and at what price????

D tj

He'll want to ban doors on banks and locks too, shortly as it makes it dangerous to steal as de kriminal cud git hurt.