Ban on alcohol and cigarettes in South Africa remains

Sneeky

Honorary Master
Duarte supporting Zol woman:

Agh fooitog. Another ANC commie intent on taking away our right to choice.
Jessie, hou net jou bek, jy is nie my ma nie.
The petitions and stuff were by citizens of this country, not some convoluted 3rd force, stratcom, white monopoly captial or tobacco industry plot your blinklered brain defaults to.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
But she is not in charge of this shitshow by default, she was appointed by Cyril, was she not? Why would he sabotage himself like that?
It still amazes me that people think the president actually has any control over anything in this country. Sure he selects the ministers and appoints them, but if you don't think he's told exactly who to select then I have a bridge to sell you.
Remember, the ANC can recall the president at any time. He's merely a deployee of the party. The NEC voted in favour of cyril by the narrowest of margins, and in fact only because of a very unexpected alliance with Mabuza's faction, in return for which he was handed deputy presidency ...
If he tries ANYTHING dramatic to clean up, like getting rid of the Zumites, then you can bet that favours/blackmail will very swiftly be discussed behind closed doors, and he will be instructed to step down.

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Duarte supporting Zol woman:

An online petition calling for the removal of Dlamini-Zuma had garnered more than 116,000 signatures by Friday night — less than 24 hours since it was launched.

The petition seems to be the one that irked Duarte's reaction.
I guess online petitions do serve a purpose after all, albeit an unintended one. I stand corrected. Anything that pisses her off deserves my full support.

thechamp

Honorary Master
Sure, but I'm still puzzled why he would place his biggest competition, whom he only just pipped at the polls, in a position that during a state of National Disaster effectively cedes his power to the other faction. Was it the head of states prerogative as to who was appointed to this position? Or and ANC collective circle jerk?

The only common denominator for us as citizens is that wherever there is rot and decay there is the ANC.
Ramaphosa and NDZ are not enemies, they were just opponents in the ANC elections, look back at their campaign and see if you will find any nasty tactics being used against each other, you won't find any. It has always been Zuma and his supporters who have sought to push their agenda through her campaign and being a politician she was never going to say no to any support.

Perhaps many do not remember but NDZ was on the Mbeki slate as a deputy President candidate against Zuma, now isn't that odd looking at all the conspiracy theories being peddled on this forum?

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Perhaps many do not remember but NDZ was on the Mbeki slate as a deputy President candidate against Zuma, now isn't that odd looking at all the conspiracy theories being peddled on this forum?
Not at all. You keep your friends close and your enemies closer. It's all about trading favours and dirty secrets.

thechamp

Honorary Master
Not at all. You keep your friends close and your enemies closer. It's all about trading favours and dirty secrets.
Not always, there are enemies in politics and there are people who are merely on opposite sides. If you are observant you can tell those who are so indebted to one faction and cannot afford to change sides even if they wanted to. NDZ is not one of them.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Not always, there are enemies in politics and there are people who are merely on opposite sides. If you are observant you can tell those who are so indebted to one faction and cannot afford to change sides even if they wanted to. NDZ is not one of them.
She could be less indebted, or she could have more dirt on everyone. Remember she was married to the head of intelligence?

thechamp

Honorary Master
She could be less indebted, or she could have more dirt on everyone. Remember she was married to the head of intelligence?
Remember the days when Zuma had dirt on everyone and the ANC could not afford to remove him? those were the days...

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Remember the days when Zuma had dirt on everyone and the ANC could not afford to remove him? those were the days...
I note they still actually haven't done anything about his looting though. Negotiated settlement?

thechamp

Honorary Master
Yet he's still a free man and paid back nothing to society???
Maybe Zuma forgave them for removing him and for not paying his legal fees, he is a forgiving man so maybe he let that one slide as long as they don't continue with the prosecution. I think them proceeding with the prosecution is going to be the last straw and he is finally going to spill the beans.

Or maybe he will also forgive them for that as long as they make sure that he is not found guilty, I don't know.

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
Oh the tangled webs we weave.
^^^^ This

Anyone who thinks NDZ is smart, needs to remember that they can also stubbornly hold onto the dumbest ideas such as Virodene. Older people also become more rigid in their thinking, and their underlying biases can override common sense about damage to the economy. By definition politics attracts people with an excessive sense of self-confidence, and that is a very dangerous combination. There is a very good reason that most institutions have a mandatory retirement age of 65.