Ban on alcohol and cigarettes in South Africa remains

Quicks

Expert Member
What I am trying to say is that a smoker is more likely to not drink unless he can smoke. While someone who drinks doesn't care.
I see, but with me it works the other way around... But I see your point I have friends that drink but do not smoke. But normally if you smoke you want a drink with that smoke? socialize not solo

Groen92

Sounds like a normal day in SA? Sadly

I'm 100% sure, I can pick 20 random people forum this forum and run this government better.
As your Minister of Peace, I will organise helicopters and have cartons of quality, known-brand cigarettes dropped all over the place to say askiesie for the last two months.

Mila

Honorary Master
These idijits makes Trump look like a saint.

As much as I wish that there would be some form or legal Repercussions for these politicians I also know that they are so protected by their cronies nothing will happen.

Mila

Honorary Master
Well I don't see anyone complaining about not being able to drive during lockdown. I am sure the death rate on the roads has dropped significantly as well. If people were constantly complaining about not being able to drive as they are about not being able to drink then we would be having a different discussion I guess.
I drove everywhere, was even in Mpumalanga last weekend. Wasn’t stopped once.

You should stop smoking your socks.

Its about your rights as a citizen that they are taking away and you just roll over but once they take away something of value to you - you will be first in line to moan but it will be too late.

Tun@

Expert Member
If this is true..she is just contradicting everything she and dumber has been saying.
Boozzeee caused all the hospitals to be full.
Boozzee cause less social distaNcing

See in which market they have stakes.
Its not black market booze

Note the word "Draft" there so maybe not written in stone yet but not looking good (as far as cigs go)

Last edited:

Temujin

Executive Member
They're not protecting "life's", they're ruining them. If I could take a dump in the mouth of whichever sheep typed this up, I would.
I love how wanting your right to choose and calling them out on bs is now 'unpatriotic' :ROFL:

The Trutherizer

Expert Member
I sincerely hope this is fake news. If it's not...

We might as well call the lock-down what it is then. A blatant abuse of emergency power to institutionalise selective prohibition and totalitarian control over society. Honestly. Damn them for pushing ulterior motives while they should be focused on this pandemic. They can spin it any way they want. They are compromising this country's collective response to the pandemic by focusing on ulterior motives.

The absolute gall to continue with tobacco prohibition, but allow the sale of alcohol. Right from the start it was clear that limiting public consumption of alcohol (not private) is a reasonable measure to contain the spread of the disease. At the start of the lock-down of course they argued that private alcohol consumption would result in domestic abuse at a greater level than normal. Which I can think we all agree was a load of hogwash. Smoking to the contrary has hardly any impact on the spread of the disease, and remains 100% within the realm of personal choice. As it has always been. Any claim to the contrary is facetious at best.