Ban on alcohol and cigarettes in South Africa remains

Sneeky

Honorary Master
I read something the other day that suggested judges have up to 3 months to write a judgement. I don't think this conspiratorial thinking is helpful.
Quite correct. However how helpful waiting out the 3 months will be, just cause you can, is also debatable.
I sense a fair bit of urgency is required.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Quite correct. However how helpful waiting out the 3 months will be, just cause you can, is also debatable.
I sense a fair bit of urgency is required.
Yeah... There is urgency around this and the judges seemed to get that during the hearing but now I dunno.

itsme2

Plenty of the self righteous ones still out there, they just stopped piping up. I guess even most of them can see the irrationality of the ban.
I never commented on if this ban is irrational or not. I’m in agreement that it’s out of line with the rest of the worlds approach, and of course it’s your right to spend your money however you like. But someone needs to point out that by buying illegal cigarettes firstly you’re breaking the law, and admitting to it online. Whether you agree or not, in a SOE these laws apply. And secondly you’re powering a potential underworld market supply. And if you believe these are linked to certain powers that be, then one should have the restraint to not support that. Spending R1500 for a carton of questionable garbage during an economic crisis isn’t a great decision to make.

Grand Inquisitor

I never commented on if this ban is irrational or not. I’m in agreement that it’s out of line with the rest of the worlds approach, and of course it’s your right to spend your money however you like. But someone needs to point out that by buying illegal cigarettes firstly you’re breaking the law, and admitting to it online. Whether you agree or not, in a SOE these laws apply. And secondly you’re powering a potential underworld market supply. And if you believe these are linked to certain powers that be, then one should have the restraint to not support that. Spending R1500 for a carton of questionable garbage during an economic crisis isn’t a great decision to make.
Blame those who persist with this ban. Very few, if any, would be buying these smokes if people actually had legal alternatives.

wingnut771

Executive Member
oh no, not you again. clearly you have never suffered an addiction.

the best way to quit is never to start. unfortunately i only found that out after the fact, 25 years and counting.

if quitting was easy we would all have stopped already. do you think we like supporting the criminal underworld?

FNfal

Executive Member
What is wrong with you ?
Why are you intent on pi$$ing off the smokers here .
Get lost .

Grand Inquisitor

oh no, not you again. clearly you have never suffered an addiction.

the best way to quit is never to start. unfortunately i only found that out after the fact, 25 years and counting.

if quitting was easy we would all have stopped already. do you think we like supporting the criminal underworld?
Logic doesn’t work on the self-righteous.

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
1592592220257.png

joeline

None of these people on this forum stole money, or looted shops to get cigarettes. They all work and pay tax, which by the way, support the looters and the unemployed. How they choose to spend their hard-earned money is, quite frankly, none of your business.

Tun@

Expert Member
With my supplies of rolling tobacco running low & not having much luck finding any replacement i ended up getting happy with a vape. Got a Juul but pods are limited to find & expensive & now gone to a Smok 40 which is dial-able & seems to keep me happy

Supervan II

Expert Member
You again? (True to your nick).

Firstly, it's a State of Disaster, not a State of Emergency;
Secondly, GFY.

patrick123

Expert Member
I understand that you are grumpy because you cannot afford a hooker and your mom took away your fap-sock.

Carol35

Expert Member
Not you again!!

#blacklungsmatter