Ban on alcohol and cigarettes in South Africa remains

Spliffcat

Executive Member
Paying R35 for a court of Lion. Ugh. But it's beer at a braai.
Fek you Doekop and all the thieves.

Chris_the_Brit

High Tory

TEXTILE GUY

Honorary Master
R750 for Jack and R650 for Richelieu: Booze is easy to find in SA – but it’s not cheap

A thriving – and sometimes quite efficient – black market has emerged since South Africa's second ban on booze sales, and it is thriving, with prices as high as five times what they were before lockdown.

koeks525

Expert Member
I refuse to buy anymore dop during the ban. Not making others rich. People ripping off their own neighbour's. Idiots have to face each other again after lockdown.
Yip same sentiment... not going to pay an arm and a leg for something that doesn't cost much through usual channels. Even friends are ripping friends off.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator

Nein!!! will be the response I expect.
We saw how well that worked out for smokes.

There is a point to be made that during this time restaurants will not be doing well whether or not they serve alcohol... It's pretty naive for restaurant owners to think that the lack of alcohol is the main reason there are less customers.
Obviously they should un-ban alcohol with immediate effect, I just feel sorry for the restaurants when they realize it didn't actually make that much of a difference...

EDIT: Unless they serve alcohol "only" at restaurants... then we will see the biggest boom in history. :ROFL:
It's not the only reason but it is the one thats most easily resolved.

Cray

Honorary Master
It's not the only reason but it is the one thats most easily resolved.
Yup, short of a vaccine the virus is not going away soon, that is no reason to totally screw marginal restraunts by banning alcohol.