Ban on alcohol and cigarettes in South Africa

Solarion

Honorary Master
I imagine it quite difficult for traffic departments, police precincts to post pictures of their feeds for arresting a guy for having a few bottles of wine or beer. I also imagine they only do this because they are forced/told to by higher upper echelons with a political motivation to do so.

Putting pictures of half a dozen bottles of wine after an arrest must be so embarrassing in light of how they as a whole, have failed this country themselves with their internal corruption and mismanagement. In light of how they have neglected their duties time and time again as officers of the law and have gotten into bed with criminals themselves.

To then now take the high road during a crisis like this, is nothing more than opportunism and cheap politicking and some vain attempt to grasp at points and somehow make up for decades of nothing but sheer incompetence.

I'm embarrassed for and on behalf of the police of SA. I truly am.

Spliffcat

Executive Member
**** the circus. Had an awesome weekend on Southern Comfort and assorted drinks at me mates pub. Cigarettes available all over. Zambia lock down is over. I'm going home soon. Good luck to you fellows in the ****ed up country.
Cheers, Hasta la Vista.
Don't give up the fight against the communist cunts.

Chris_the_Brit

High Tory
**** the circus. Had an awesome weekend on Southern Comfort and assorted drinks at me mates pub. Cigarettes available all over. Zambia lock down is over. I'm going home soon. Good luck to you fellows in the ****ed up country.
Cheers, Hasta la Vista.
Out of my interest how did you get to Zambia from SA during lockdown?

TEXTILE GUY

Honorary Master
Cheers, Hasta la Vista.
Good luck bud .... stay safe ....

The Trutherizer

Expert Member
Not to you OP, but SO ? We are all fully aware of what this ban on tobacco is about, Carte Blanche is not informing any of us with new information, the question then becomes SO WHAT, nothing will happen to the corrupt lot, they sit and laugh at you, you heard that gangster in the vid, "Who is Carte Blanche in my life ?", they don't fear accountability because they know if ANY of them are ever arrested they will simply phone up NDZ and threaten to spill the beans, hey presto, all charges dropped.

It's clear from the BATSA court papers submitted by the government that the decision was hers (NDZ) alone, it just so happened that same person who alone made the decision to ban legal sale of tobacco was also connected personally to a cigarette smuggler mobster and a family member who owned and operates a cigarette manufacturing company, nothing wrong with that she will tell anyone who asks.
There are about 10 million smokers in SA though. If all of them decide now that the ANC should shove it then come next election the ANC will not be in power anymore.
I might add that the DA was the only party which attempted to find a workable compromise for smokers. Even during the hard lockdown. They proposed that people be allowed to buy a carton when they do grocery shopping. Which would have worked perfectly well for everybody since people needed to do shopping anyway.
Of course although the DA declared that people in the Western Cape would be allowed to do so; NDZ sicked her mad dog head of the police on the population to the extent that Western Cape shop owners were afraid to implement the DA's local rules.
At one point two packets of the local rubbish (inflated through greedy opportunism by illicit traders) cost about as much as a carton of real people cigarettes normally did.

Last edited:

Crabby

Honorary Master
So good fellows of MyBB, I am looking for some assistance in the PE area. I need to contact one of those people with adult grape juice.

Anyone who can help, please DM me.