Ban on alcohol and cigarettes in South Africa

Cray

Honorary Master
Got my Whisky order in this morning, brewing my own beer so that is one thing I need to stock up on.

The Trutherizer

Expert Member
Monday and of course the vague ass directions of the ANC means that half the shops are too scared to sell their cigarette stock yet, and the other half continue to sell at 4x regular prices in glee.

Really the ANC can't be trusted to organise a piss-up in a brewery.

Frankenstein51

Been a while since I smoked rothmans red, just had 1, like my lungs are having a party
Corner shop still trying to get the last out of it, wanted 65 a packet, went to brother, there shop R40 a packet, he says tomorrow it'll be normal price

Dan C

Honorary Master
Been a while since I smoked rothmans red, just had 1, like my lungs are having a party
Corner shop still trying to get the last out of it, wanted 65 a packet, went to brother, there shop R40 a packet, he says tomorrow it'll be normal price
Guess there are a lot in circulation that will take a huge dip in price come tomorrow. Very few people will buy today I suspect.

The Trutherizer

Expert Member
Rofl you're own brother gouged you? On a technicality.
Poor bastard

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
Monday and of course the vague ass directions of the ANC means that half the shops are too scared to sell their cigarette stock yet, and the other half continue to sell at 4x regular prices in glee.

Really the ANC can't be trusted to organise a piss-up in a brewery.
Vague? Maybe learn how to tell the time.

BigBullBully

I really dont care about unbanning, I want revenge! Im brewing my own craft beer, wont pay any sin taxes on my alcohol for years to come, this is my own personal mini tax revolt. I'll buy alcohol on my own terms, not when they say so
Exactly, buying non pesticide gold leaf Virginia raw tobacco straight from the farmer now, it needs processing but then I control exactly what goes into it, can flavour it any way I want and when you add up all the consumables it works out cheaper than a pack of Stuyvesant per 200, always good to pick up a new hobby and I can also make pipe tobacco for my old man and Mu‘assel (shisha water pipe), I would say they shot themselves in the foot as we South Africans can adapt to just about any situation, but unfortunately most will go back to the convenience of buying a pack from the quick stop.

jacoduplooy

My wife is a music teacher. One of her pupil's mother informed me that she went to SPAR this morning, and the manager told her that they ordered cigarettes today, but it will only be delivered on Wednesday....

Poor smokers who shop there lol.

And as we say in the SANDF, Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

The_Mowgs

Honorary Master
My wife is a music teacher. One of her pupil's mother informed me that she went to SPAR this morning, and the manager told her that they ordered cigarettes today, but it will only be delivered on Wednesday....

Poor smokers who shop there lol.

And as we say in the SANDF, Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.
Why are they ordering? Where did their stock go during the restrictions?