Ban on alcohol and cigarettes in South Africa

caroper

Executive Member
Still no Windhoek Draught available in my local but they suggested I try the Devils Peak Draught Larger.
I was presently surprised, not too sweet and slightly spicy hinting to an IPA but it is definitely a Larger.
I will order it again.

p.s. Not affiliated in any way, just my experience as a Windhoek addict missing his draught :)

Dawn K

My wife is a music teacher. One of her pupil's mother informed me that she went to SPAR this morning, and the manager told her that they ordered cigarettes today, but it will only be delivered on Wednesday....

Poor smokers who shop there lol.

And as we say in the SANDF, Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.
Hi where is your wife based. I’m looking for a music teacher

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
My wife is a music teacher. One of her pupil's mother informed me that she went to SPAR this morning, and the manager told her that they ordered cigarettes today, but it will only be delivered on Wednesday....

Poor smokers who shop there lol.

And as we say in the SANDF, Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

Hi where is your wife based. I’m looking for a music teacher
1600316010433.png

jacoduplooy

I suppose this can come into the Cigarette Price Hike thread.

Just gone back to a brand that was prevalent during ban. Sahawi. The reason: My local discounter sells at R100 per carton. Its actually nicer than Sharp

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator

Supervan II

Expert Member
It seems as if the black market distribution channels are properly established as the only cheapies available here are the likes of JFK. For example: no RG was available anywhere during the lockdown and there is none available anywhere now still.

Currantly

Expert Member
The Western Cape wants minimum booze prices. Those worked elsewhere – after big legal fights

• Western Cape premier premier Alan Winde wants "fast-tracked" the implementation of a minimum unit price on alcohol.
  • While universal sin taxes reduce alcohol use, floor-price systems are more finely targeted at heavy drinkers, seeming to reduce alcohol harm with less impact on moderate drinkers and the booze industry.
  • Long-term research out of Canada, and short-term findings in Scotland, strongly suggest such schemes can work.
  • But Scotland also shows that an alcohol industry that disagrees with Winde's belief that the move would be compliant with the Constitution will make fast-tracking a pipe dream.
  • For more stories go to www.BusinessInsider.co.za.

Linky

daveza

Honorary Master
How about minimum cold drink prices, minimum sweets and chocolate prices, minimum red meat prices.

Heart disease is a notable comorbidity unlike having a dop.