Ban on alcohol and cigarettes in South Africa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cray

Honorary Master
For all the Valies, that has to travel back home, after the holidays, and fear traveling with alcohol in your car. I offer my services, I will store all you alcohol, free of charge. Just note, it will be at your own risk. :p
I wonder how long before we see tweets from SA's finest boasting about arresting some master criminal with a 6 case of beers in his boot. :(

Cray

Honorary Master
What does a 24hr analogue clock look like?

w570.jpg

Yours for only R58k.

ponder

Honorary Master
I would think most people are accustomed to looking at a 12 hour face and read the time just from looking at the hand positions rather than looking at the numerals.
Compared to usual watches, some numbers are not in their usual spaces when glancing (24 where 6 or 18 should be, 20 where the 4 or 16 should be etc). Other numbers like 10 and 14 are right. If this makes sense.

You'll get used to it very quickly I reckon.

Then you get your americans that can't read 'military time' ...

dualmeister

Honorary Master
I see that the Facebook notices about their closures (wine farms) are pretty to the point this time around with many of them even taking a swipe at the Government.

And then this one online retailer even saying....

We live in a society where the lowest common denominator determines decisions that affect the entire populace. While we are not against measures imposed to curb the spread of Covid-19, we are certainly against sweeping laws prohibiting the sale of alcohol.

Well done for saying it.....

Mila

Honorary Master
Came back from Limpopo today.
Not one roadblock to gauteng. Only one place north bound taxis were checked.
left early expecting law enforcement.
Nadda.

ponder

Honorary Master
Organised two crates of Lion quarts for tomorrow at R180/crate which is a bargain and they deliver ;)

Arzy

Honorary Master
Mhuahaha! Suck on it Cyril! I went all out and stock up properly when lockdown v1 started allowing the sale of alcohol again. Simply been maintaining a level since then. I'm good for a very very long while.

Status
Not open for further replies.