Banggood - Are they ligit?

CrimsonBlast

I have my doubts. Overhead at that one pub next to that Interpol building:

"Banggood is one of those scamster/rogue sites that make a lot money from fake tracking, stringing you along and then after more than a month, telling you the parcel "has been lost" or "Stolen".

Sure they pay your refund back, but not after they have skimmed the interest from the combined amount of money in their account (They are international, it's huge.). Which is why the long wait. It allows them to operate almost like a bank. Of course, they don't do it 100% of their orders, otherwise it would be too obvious. They have a small percentage of products in stock and ship them. But when you are dealing with such large amounts of money as what they got incoming every month, it becomes a business model to sell goods that do not exist, at tempting prices so they can put it into a lump sum, probably millions of dollars, and skim the interest. They don't pay shipping, customs taxes or the majority of overheads most legitimate sellers need. In fact, bots handle a lot of that portion of things. I wouldn't support a potluck company like Banggood. So many people reported needing refunds.

And yes, Buffalo pays for reviews and posts.

And no, the world isn't flat.

I can't divulge how I've come by this info."

What do you guys think? Have you needed to wait a long time only to need a refund for a parcel that never arrived? Or was that guy at the bar just a bit too much of a regular?

B-1

Expert Member
Banggood is one of the better ones. Shipping used to be 2-3 weeks for many years but my last few orders have been much slower on the bufelo side than what Im used to. Ive done many orders with them for probably 8-10 years.

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
Been using Banggood.com for about 3 years now, maybe more
Very legit
Better than Wish.com

It is my favourite place for online overseas purchasing, and you get your goods delivered to your front door in 2 to 3 weeks, no South African Post Office kak involved.

I give them 10/10 for service

thenameisjaco

Been using Banggood.com for about 3 years now, maybe more
Very legit
Better than Wish.com

It is my favourite place for online overseas purchasing, and you get your goods delivered to your front door in 2 to 3 weeks, no South African Post Office kak involved.

I give them 10/10 for service
What service do they use? And shipping costs, decent?

w1z4rd

Karmic Sangoma
Ive ordered lots of drone parts from them, got everything I ordered. OP sounds cooked.

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
What service do they use? And shipping costs, decent?
I am not sure who they use, other than Buffalo Logistics here in RSA, shipping costs are unbelievably cheap. ex A R250 item I buy might be about R70 in shipping and then when it arrives Buffalo contacts me to pay the 'import duties and VAT' (or whatever it is, I have no idea) and this will be like R35 for example. And thats your goods delivered straight to your front door.
Damn cheap

Kosmik

Honorary Master
I am not sure who they use, other than Buffalo Logistics here in RSA, shipping costs are unbelievably cheap. ex A R250 item I buy might be about R70 in shipping and then when it arrives Buffalo contacts me to pay the 'import duties and VAT' (or whatever it is, I have no idea) and this will be like R35 for example. And thats your goods delivered straight to your front door.
Damn cheap
Aramex as well, just got a 3d printer from them. AND you can claim the tax back via their tarrif insruance. Two orders :

Tarrif Insurance - R8 , customers R75
Tarrif Insurance - R80, customs R568

If you claim, its back in your account after about 48hours upon confirmation. VERY impressed.

Conack

Expert Member
Anything is possible I assume.

Look at how Gearbest just disappeared overnight.

Wow, I wasn't of that... bought quite a lot from them. Only reason why I haven't for a while is because they weren't shipping to SA anymore on most of their goods.

Kosmik

Honorary Master
Wow, I wasn't of that... bought quite a lot from them. Only reason why I haven't for a while is because they weren't shipping to SA anymore on most of their goods.
Credit cards are your friend in this case, reverse charge.

Stokstert

Executive Member
I never had a problem with Banggood, even now with the Covid virus around. My shortest delivery time was eight days after placing the order, and the longest 27 days last year.

NeonNinja

Neon Resident
Every one commenting hasn't had a problem I assume with smaller amount. The problem arises with higher amounts purchases as OP suggests.