Banking fees – FNB vs TymeBank

Newsfeed

MyBroadband Newsfeed
Banking fees – FNB vs TymeBank

TymeBank recently received its banking licence from the SARB and has started to offer digital banking service to customers.

Sandile Shabalala, CEO of TymeBank, said they aim to provide affordable and accessible banking services to all South Africans.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Prepaid is not available yet and I think once everything is up and running it would be interesting to see.

I'm keen to dump my FNB Premier for this account because for the FNB account to be worth it you need to jump through hoops upside down and land on one hand to earn enough ebucks to cover some banking fees. TYME is easy to understand with savings account that earn you interest at a very competitive rate. A more fitting comparison would be Capitec, Old mutual, TYME, FNB Easy.

beans100

Honorary Master
Anybody knows if there is a limit on how much money, one can deposit at PnP? Is that R4 for any amount? Could be a cheap way of getting money deposited. Let's say I deposit R10 000 at PnP and then move it over to my FNB Gold account, via EFT. Would be much cheaper than depositing it at FNB ATM(R0.95 per R100 over R5000 at ATM), themselves. Plus, in my town, the only FNB ATM that allows deposits, is in a very dodgy area. PnP would be way easier.

Also, does this R4 deposit fee count for cheque deposits, as well? (not that I ever do cheques, just wondering)