• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Big Two-Day Giveaway - Win an Amazon Kindle, a Mystery Gadget and Branded Gear. Enter Here.
  • Test your broadband speed and win prizes worth R5,000. Enter here.

Banks tell how government threatened banking licences after closing Gupta accounts

Mista_Mobsta

Yet...no repercussions/accountability and the trough feeders carry on with life as usual with their luxury lifestyles! Then people wonder why front page news is obsessed with race baiting articles instead of true in depth reporting of state collusion/ineptness and worst of all, treason against the state!

f2wohf

Honorary Master
Yet...no repercussions/accountability and the trough feeders carry on with life as usual with their luxury lifestyles! Then people wonder why front page news is obsessed with race baiting articles instead of true in depth reporting of state collusion/ineptness and worst of all, treason against the state!
I was under the impression that Zwane had currently no job.

Estina case where he's heavily involved is ongoing and will probably hit him, further cases investigated by the Hawks will also come to court at some point.

The media time is different from the justice's system.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
I was under the impression that Zwane had currently no job.

Estina case where he's heavily involved is ongoing and will probably hit him, further cases investigated by the Hawks will also come to court at some point.

The media time is different from the justice's system.
Justice systems time is glacial and a humans rights violation..

f2wohf

Honorary Master
Justice systems time is glacial and a humans rights violation..
Go lay the charges, gather evidence, investigate, prepare the case and see how long it takes.

On the other hand, it only takes a week or so for a journalist to write a story.

It took 5 years for Olmert to go to jail, 12 years for Chirac to be convincted, it's nothing unusual, political cases always take long by nature since they are complex (same for financial crimes).

I don't hear you moaning that nothing happens on the Steinhoff or even Kebble cases for example?

Go lay the charges, gather evidence, investigate, prepare the case and see how long it takes.

On the other hand, it only takes a week or so for a journalist to write a story.

It took 5 years for Olmert to go to jail, 12 years for Chirac to be convincted, it's nothing unusual, political cases always take long by nature since they are complex (same for financial crimes).

I don't hear you moaning that nothing happens on the Steinhoff or even Kebble cases for example?
I have done that, and it does take a time, depending on the complexity, but I have never spent more than a year. They were tax or smuggling cases, so arguably not as complex as some other types.
A lot depends on the will of the employer (Police etc.) concerned to make resources available. 'Nuff said?