Banned Users Part 2: Electrical Boogaloo

Cray

Honorary Master
Why was he banned?
+1 - a thread detailing why members get banned would be very useful - why all the oblique references? Why not just come out and say why users get banned?

Last edited:

Splinter

Honorary Master
+1 - a thread detailing why members get banned would be very useful - why all the oblique references? Why not just come out and say why users get banned?
This has been mentioned and questioned many, many times before. The mods and admin generally do not answer. It maintains a certain mystique :D

Seriously though, it seems to be a policy, and I can understand why. The mods give a reason, and then the forum descends into chaos arguing about the rights or wrongs of it. Note - I am NOT saying his banning was deserved. I have no idea why that occurred.

biometrics

Honorary Master
This has been mentioned and questioned many, many times before. The mods and admin generally do not answer. It maintains a certain mystique :D

Seriously though, it seems to be a policy, and I can understand why. The mods give a reason, and then the forum descends into chaos arguing about the rights or wrongs of it. Note - I am NOT saying his banning was deserved. I have no idea why that occurred.
How many for you to go?

Dave

Honorary Master

Don't worry, I'll ask the question for you when you get banned.

;)

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Typically it's because a forum member has garnered 10+ infractions and the system bans them until enough points have expired. Since all ten points contributed equally towards the ban I'm not sure how a thread detailing the circumstances contributing to a ban would be of any use to you.

A banned member still has a right to privacy, especially if the ban is going to be lifted in due course.

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Explain what? Why someone should have a right to privacy? Why shouldn't they when they'll be back after points have expired. They're more than welcome to discuss the events that transpired to lead up to their banning if they choose to.

sucked

Banned
Explain what? Why someone should have a right to privacy? Why shouldn't they when they'll be back after points have expired. They're more than welcome to discuss the events that transpired to lead up to their banning if they choose to.
How do they discuss it when they're banned?

sucked

Banned
I would think he's talking about people only temporarily banned due to infraction points.
So they can discuss the ban once they are back? How does that help them in the case of an unfair ban?

Oh wait, the moderators discuss the merit of a possible ban before action gets taken.
They always follow this procedure, thus ensuring a fair decision
:rolleyes:

Dave

Honorary Master
So they can discuss the ban once they are back? How does that help them in the case of an unfair ban?

Oh wait, the moderators discuss the merit of a possible ban before action gets taken.
You know the mods are never wrong, don't you?

biometrics

Honorary Master

It's never stopped you. :p

Lucas Buck

Expert Member
He is not banned but whatever happened to crackersa? I haven't seen a post from him in current affairs for a while.

Dave

Honorary Master
He is not banned but whatever happened to crackersa? I haven't seen a post from him in current affairs for a while.
He had a bit of an argument with a few users after moving back to the USA and then slowly started posting less and less until he disappeared.