Banned users

Status
Not open for further replies.

mercurial

MyBB Legend
Except he wasn't banned for having an opinion - I cant recall that ever happening.

He was eventually banned for being disruptive and for continuing his trolling despite numerous requests not to and I fully support the decision to ban him.
could you perhaps provide us with the links to those posts in question?

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
They've been removed . . . though you may find some remnants (quoted text etc) if you look for it.

mercurial

MyBB Legend
They've been removed . . . though you may find some remnants (quoted text etc) if you look for it.
ok. perhaps in future, the mods should offer official warnings to the forumites who are trolling, cos at the moment it's just forumites complaining to the particular forumite who trolls, which will have no effect, as they hold no power over each other. so maybe issue warnings, then after 2 warnings they get banned, instead of the first time round. is that a viable option?

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
ok. perhaps in future, the mods should offer official warnings to the forumites who are trolling
Perhaps my choice of words was too ambiguous - the "numerous requests" I referred to did in fact come in the form of warnings (and infractions) issued by myself and by other mods.

fskmh

Expert Member
I've had him on ignore since November so it's not like it was only a minor trolling post here or there. I found his first posts amusing but it quickly became clear to me that he was out to provoke people.

icyrus

Executive Member
Why is it such an issue when people stir up things, Trek made a lot of good points. If I remember correctly his sig was " 911 was an inside job", that sig seemed to have gotten to some people. Why? We need to have people to rock the boat so that we can test it to make sure its still seaworthy.

Sometimes when people get offended its because what someone says touches them deeply. People often don't want to hear things because they don't want their bubble burst and often get angry even if what is being said seems close to the real truth.

I say we should unban him. He didn't do anyone harm.
He had no intention of coming here and debating anything. All he ever did was start endless threads about the same rubbish and constantly push his agenda no matter what facts or questions were put to him. He contributed nothing to this forum.

DJ...

Banned
So his quest to convince the world that Bush is a lizard and telecoms is run by Naspers didnt work!!!!???? Strange that...

jetpacman

Look everyone might say he was looking for trouble, and seems like he was trying to push ideas onto everyone else, but surely everyone is entitled to share their opinions. Not only that, but why do people find some of the things he was saying to be so annoying.

If I don't like someone I ignore them, and thats what the 'ignore' feature is for.

I haven't read all of Treks posts but the few I read were interesting enough. Maybe some of the things he said weren't "PC". A lot of people want to live in a PC world and don't want to believe that anything non PC exists. These people get angry and find non PC people intimidating.

In the words of Trek.... 911 was an inside job :p

rwenzori

Honorary Master
Look everyone might say he was looking for trouble, and seems like he was trying to push ideas onto everyone else, but surely everyone is entitled to share their opinions. Not only that, but why do people find some of the things he was saying to be so annoying.

If I don't like someone I ignore them, and thats what the 'ignore' feature is for.

I haven't read all of Treks posts but the few I read were interesting enough. Maybe some of the things he said weren't "PC". A lot of people want to live in a PC world and don't want to believe that anything non PC exists. These people get angry and find non PC people intimidating.

In the words of Trek.... 911 was an inside job :p
1. The "ignore" feature is cr@p.
2. He would not debate, merely repeat more and more of the same, refusing to engage anyone else's points.
3. He would try to post the most outrageous drivel in an effort to get attention. Trolling, in other words.
4. Good riddance.

Status
Not open for further replies.