Battlefield 6 reveal - June 9

Faux_Grey

I will wait to find out about local server availability before purchasing.
Bots or not, I dont want to play against anything at 250~ ms on my LTE.

Half of me thinks: If they see purchases coming from south africa they'll add servers here
The other half thinks: they really dont care about anything other than our money.

JohnStarr

Executive Member
Looks more like a remaster of BF4 than a new game

Pre-Purchase EA?

Fark off
Pre-Purchase is nothing new. Just wait a few days/weeks in case there is a patch to be delivered to fix the game.
I got BF4 immediately and enjoyed it, but when those fixes came out it was a seriously awesome. Sunk countless hours into it in order to master weapons.

Bobbin

Executive Member
Yeah I have played Battlefield for a long time (since Battlefield 3) and I understand that, but the way they went so over the top with everything seemed like they were mainly catering to the Fortnite crowd.

Perhaps I've outgrown this series a bit since playing more realistic games, but I think they could have made a good trailer without overshowing mechanics that have been part of the series for decades.

It just seems like a generic hype trailer for a reskin of BF4, with nothing new at all.

The trailer to me seemed more like a love letter to BF fans by portraying the shenanigans they actually get up to in the game. Like the quadbike flying into the chopper or the famous Rendezook scene. Those are literally what the fans refer to as "Battlefield moments". For that reason I enjoyed it. And some of that surely put a smile on many faces. They weren't taking themselves too seriously which is a good move IMO considering the BFV launch debacle.

But I'd still avoid the hype train and wait for the dust to settle though. And pray it isn't, as you say, Fortnite bait.

Think I heard somewhere a gameplay trailer is due on Sunday.

Herr der Verboten

Executive Member
Lol, I prefer my shooters to have sp and mp. You know, cause I don't want to pay R1000 for a multiplayer shooter, I'd rather get my jollies with Siege or CSGO and be done with it.
You can't even manage 5-10 hours in mp for roi? No need for sp on a mp title seeing it was made to be actually played online with other players; more than 10 hours going at least 50+.

do the math.

edit
as expected.

1623412612320.png

PrimeSteak

You can't even mananaged 5-10 hours in mp for roi?
I'm just not that much of a multi-player guy in general, I play MP games/modes in short bursts. A lot of times I play shooters like Call of Duty/Battlefield in single-player a lot more than I would multi-player.
do the math.
It's Friday, I'll leave the math for Monday lol

UrBaN963

Honorary Master
You can't even manage 5-10 hours in mp for roi? No need for sp on a mp title seeing it was made to be actually played online with other players; more than 10 hours going at least 50+.

do the math.

edit
as expected.

View attachment 1087105
What a ****. :D

I enjoy single-player campaigns. So when a new game with a new engine, mechanics, sound, weapons etc. comes out, I want that experience in addition to my MP experience.

Beyond.Celsus

Expert Member
Lol, I prefer my shooters to have sp and mp. You know, cause I don't want to pay R1000 for a multiplayer shooter, I'd rather get my jollies with Siege, CSGO or Titanfall 2 and be done with it.
Siege and CSGO are multiplayer only?
I don't understand your point now.

PrimeSteak

Siege and CSGO are multiplayer only?
I don't understand your point now.
My point is that they don't have single-player campaigns per se, they are purely meant for online multiplayer purposes, while you can play "single-player" with bots in CSGO and Siege, it isn't a campaign mode.

Beyond.Celsus

Expert Member
CS:GO is free. RSS is R335.

Not quite the R1,000 mentioned earlier.
Siege is R599 for the deluxe edition which you will need to get the full experience and is already 6 years old.

CS:GO only went free recently and is how old?