Battlefield 6 reveal - June 9

JohnStarr

Executive Member
I never get content being story gated lets unlock. Why not have all the guns, classes and so on already there for selection? Are they trying to make it long game? Oh well.

As for BF4 if the SP is good enough you don't have to carrot and stick it for players to actually play it.
Each to their own. I never minded playing the SP to be honest, much like I am unconcerned that BF6 doesn't have it in.

Herr der Verboten

Honorary Master
Each to their own. I never minded playing the SP to be honest, much like I am unconcerned that BF6 doesn't have it in.
I'm questioning the reason, design choice and implementation behind it. Some mechanics seems rather odd and leans more towards punishing than being a reward whereas it could have been there from the start. I guess counter argument is that you need to earn you guns before you can use then, but coming wolfenstein/Quake... (starts thinking)

Actually as the story progresses you get better guns maybe this is it and nowadays we just call it unlocking, loadouts and classes. Perhaps I was thinking about the classic arena shooters where you just have everything and it comes down to how you apply yourself and the tools you pickup.

I might be barking up the wrong tree, but returning the the question, perhaps it is wrong when it is a punishment. *shrugs*

JohnStarr

Executive Member
I'm questioning the reason, design choice and implementation behind it. Some mechanics seems rather odd and leans more towards punishing than being a reward whereas it could have been there from the start. I guess counter argument is that you need to earn you guns before you can use then, but coming wolfenstein/Quake... (starts thinking)

Actually as the story progresses you get better guns maybe this is it and nowadays we just call it unlocking, loadouts and classes. Perhaps I was thinking about the classic arena shooters where you just have everything and it comes down to how you apply yourself and the tools you pickup.

I might be barking up the wrong tree, but returning the the question, perhaps it is wrong when it is a punishment. *shrugs*
It could be worse and it becomes a P2W scenario where whomever buys the latest weapons/accessories pack is in a better state of competition than you are (ala Destiny, which I really loved playing but, since I never played in a clan or bought the R1k DLCs x2, kept on getting obliterated).
At least it was a case of the M412 Rex, Shank, Machete, QBZ-95-1, P90 and M249 (the last 2 were amazing and I mastered them both) being unlocked in SP and not more important guns. Never got the machete or the shank, but did get the other 2. Took about 3 hours.

Genisys

Honorary Master
Glad the cheaters are getting a beatdown for a change
Ok, what makes this any different rom "cheaters" buying prime accounts? Few Dollars more and they have a new account that is prime... Cheating has been a thing for longer than the game was free to play.

StoneCold

Expert Member

Those interested in playing with and against AI, I quote the following:
Also new is the introduction of AI Soldiers (Artificial Intelligence) to the series. As a multiplayer-only experience, it’s important for us to let you play Battlefield 2042 when and how you want. Here is what that looks like in the All-Out Warfare experience of Conquest and Breakthrough:

• Multiplayer – AI soldiers are used for server-filling capabilities, ensuring your matches remain full, no matter your location.
  • Co-Op – Allows you to play together with friends, against AI soldiers.
  • Solo – If you wish to perfect your skills for multiplayer, you can even play alone against AI soldiers.

Seems like AI will fill up servers in normal MP to keep servers full but will be replaced by real players when they connect to a server.

StoneCold

Expert Member
Well R1000 to play against bots in a multiplayer only game?
Nah. . .

I didnt R1k, I paid nearly R400 less (pc version), and that is way more than acceptable for me. I like playing vs AI, so if I get tired of MP, I could always just chill out vs bots. Win-win situation for me personally :).

Faux_Grey

Happy to hear about the AI, right now I'd love to jump back into BF1, but no players, SEED/AI players would solve this, I've also got a friend or two who cant handle to competitive-ness of sweaty MP lobbies, joining a cheezy bot game would be a nice, relaxing time.

Not too fussed about singleplayer, unnecessary filler, usually with broken mechanics (plane combat in BF1 SP vs MP was completely different). I'd rather the devs spend their time making the multiplayer as good as possible, rather than implementing a mediocre, forgettable campaign like BF3,4,&5.