BBBEE 'has reinforced white supremacy' - Thuli Madonsela on why SA needs to relook at model

konfab

Honorary Master
Why is it that you default to the idea that maiming the people is the only way to solve this instead of chopping down the fence? Seems pretty dof oke.
Because that is what happens in reality. All BEE and its retarded cousin AA does is maim the concept of merit.

Lets say your BEE plan works to perfection. All white people become unemployed and are not allowed to work anymore, and their jobs are taken over by black people. What do you think that would do to the unemployment and poverty of the country?

Last edited:

Vrotappel

Bulls fan
Hmmm. I think I might be on SlinkyMike's ignore list.

He's very quick to say people refuse to answer his questions but after two prompts still has not answered mine.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
These people are like that. You ask a question they cannot answer that question simply does not exist in their self made realities.

SlinkyMike

Executive Member
Because that is what happens in reality. All BEE and its retarded cousin AA does is maim the concept of merit.

Lets say your BEE plan works to perfection. All white people become unemployed and are not allowed to work anymore, and their jobs are taken over by black people. What do you think that would do to the unemployment and poverty of the country?
Such a blinkered outlook. It's all black v white, white v black... looks at the system that results in these outcomes, shouldn't we be talking about changing that? Remove the fence not the peoples legs.

Hmmm. I think I might be on SlinkyMike's ignore list.

He's very quick to say people refuse to answer his questions but after two prompts still has not answered mine.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Your question is dof and you are looking for an argument, I have enough of those already. But you finally did get the hint so, bravo?

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Such a blinkered outlook. It's all black v white, white v black... looks at the system that results in these outcomes, shouldn't we be talking about changing that? Remove the fence not the peoples legs.

Your question is dof and you are looking for an argument, I have enough of those already. But you finally did get the hint so, bravo?

You fall in the same trap.

SlinkyMike

Executive Member
These people are like that. You ask a question they cannot answer that question simply does not exist in their self made realities.
"These people" ...??? I'm one person and I am fully within my rights to engage with whomsoever I might choose to thankyouverymuch.

Vrotappel

Bulls fan
"These people" ...??? I'm one person and I am fully within my rights to engage with whomsoever I might choose to thankyouverymuch.
You share some common traits with some other posters. So I see you as part of that specific group. When that behaviors are exhibited and you get called out for it well that's that.

konfab

Honorary Master
I am not the one advocating for a policy that creates a legal distinction between white people and black people. You are.

SlinkyMike

Executive Member
You share some common traits with some other posters. So I see you as part of that specific group. When that behaviors are exhibited and you get called out for it well that's that.
Please remember this next time you chunk about collectivism.

I am not the one advocating for a policy that creates a legal distinction between white people and black people. You are.
You are not following this discussion, like, at all. We are done.

Oldfut

In my view, racists who (now) want to prejudice whites hide behind words like "restitution", "redistribution" and "reparations" where they really mean "revenge". This childishly (and amorally) based on a persons' skin colour, regardless of whether they were ever any part of any previous racist regime.

Great way to unite and grow a country. Er, not, as we see with SA and Zim. But Madonsela is just a lawyer, safe in her well paid sinecure, pointing fingers, zero interest in actually doing anything positive like creating a job or two only keen on adding more racist laws.

I suggest SA tries what I understand of the Biko approach; ignore whites (and for me, race completely). Absolute equality, equal and clear rights and co operate; then prosper. Madonsela out of a cosy job.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
In my view, racists who (now) want to prejudice whites hide behind words like "restitution", "redistribution" and "reparations" where they really mean "revenge". This childishly (and amorally) based on a persons' skin colour, regardless of whether they were ever any part of any previous racist regime.

Great way to unite and grow a country. Er, not, as we see with SA and Zim. But Madonsela is just a lawyer, safe in her well paid sinecure, pointing fingers, zero interest in actually doing anything positive like creating a job or two only keen on adding more racist laws.

I suggest SA tries what I understand of the Biko approach; ignore whites (and for me, race completely). Absolute equality, equal and clear rights and co operate; then prosper. Madonsela out of a cosy job.
So how many jobs has Oldfut created and how does he honestly know what Ms Madonsela does in the privacy of her personal life?

grok

Honorary Master
I'm just glad the ANC was I charge the last 26 years, so please own your crap Thuli, recognise that it was the ANC and not whites who ****ed up post liberation government and created this mess né.

Mandela era, whites were still treated as equal citizens, but the new guys seem to think that apartheid - that didn't work under the NP - will work under the ANC. Lol..!

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Same old NO YOU! from the right time and again YAAAWWWNNNN. Time to start cutting these discussions off at the stalk, not worth the carpal tunnel syndrome. We are done.

You are just a left fool then since you don't want to engage, just the opposite of the right fools.

Mista_Mobsta

Expert Member
Yea so this is where it gets muddy. Corrupt politicians obviusly use race and apartheid to facilitate their kak. Tenderpreneurs spring to mind but your example is also a good one. Again: that isn't about apartheid for which a hefty debt is still due.
I just wanted to ask whether you could clarify the highlighted text?

By whom is the debt due and how should it be paid? Should it be paid at the cost of opportunities based on a person's skin color or based on a societies contributions as a whole? What timeline exists to pay said debt?

I definitely don't deny that there's a heavy burden on the "haves" to support and uplift the "have-nots" but at which point, if ever, can we pointedly say some have finished paying for their fathers sins?