BBBEE 'has reinforced white supremacy' - Thuli Madonsela on why SA needs to relook at model

BeerIsNotGood...

Executive Member
Much like I asked you for an alternative to BEE and you slunk away not only once, but twice? Yet you are now here demanding someone else offer you alternatives? :p

I however do agree that capitalism is the best system, but capitalism ALONE isn't the solution. There are systems that can be implemented alongside capitalism to maintain the economy while ensuring fairness to people.
So Mixed Market Economy?

Yeah I doubt you and your fellow comrades would ever vote for such a system.

Gyre

Expert Member
So Mixed Market Economy?

Yeah I doubt you and your fellow comrades would ever vote for such a system.

My comrades? I was pointing out that all the praise goes to capitalism when it is other factors in place regulating capitalism. It's like complimenting the man on doing fantastic work while ignoring all the effort the wife puts into ensuring he has time and resources to get the sht done.

ShaunSA

Derailment Squad
My comrades? I was pointing out that all the praise goes to capitalism when it is other factors in place regulating capitalism. It's like complimenting the man on doing fantastic work while ignoring all the effort the wife puts into ensuring he has time and resources to get the sht done.

Exactly whose clone are you anyway? :unsure:

Last edited:

BeerIsNotGood...

Executive Member
Like what?

Welfare??

Herr der Verboten

Honorary Master
I've changed my mind:
AA, BEE (and probably EWC) will keep on cultivating has cultivated white supremacy. Why? Because they reinvented themselves or most of them did. Unlike 'the rest' who kept on demunding and striking for handouts.

Gyre

Expert Member
Like what?

Welfare??

What's wrong with welfare? Kids lose parents, people get disabilities, economies suffer, people abuse the environment, corporations cut corners and cover it up, the state has to step in with pensions, housing, and so forth.

Benedict A55h0le

Expert Member
Much like I asked you for an alternative to BEE and you slunk away not only once, but twice? Yet you are now here demanding someone else offer you alternatives? :p

I however do agree that capitalism is the best system, but capitalism ALONE isn't the solution. There are systems that can be implemented alongside capitalism to maintain the economy while ensuring fairness to people.
Never saw you ask me about BEE. For it`s simple, it should be scrapped. The end, happy?

Benedict A55h0le

Expert Member
I didn't ask you your feelings, I asked you what the alternative is?
Oh no, injecting that this is feelings or something. No feelings, I said scrap it! That is the alternative I am suggesting. Can you understand this? Or is a world where everybody is treated as equals an emotional nightmare for you?

Gyre

Expert Member
Oh no, injecting that this is feelings or something. No feelings, I said scrap it! That is the alternative I am suggesting. Can you understand this? Or is a world where everybody is treated as equals an emotional nightmare for you?

Asking for an alternative to capitalism and me screaming "Scrap it!" isn't an alternative. BEE is addressing a specific issue very broadly and incorrectly, while you're not addressing the issue at all.

You want everyone to be treated equally while you're already half way down the race track.

Benedict A55h0le

Expert Member
Asking for an alternative to capitalism and me screaming "Scrap it!" isn't an alternative. BEE is addressing a specific issue very broadly and incorrectly, while you're not addressing the issue at all.

You want everyone to be treated equally while you're already half way down the race track.
Sorry yes, I`m halfway down the race track because I trained to run fast, but you want to cut my ankle tendons because others are unable to run like me. Nowhere else in the world is there racial economic discrimination of a minority, BEE should be scrapped and replaced by nothing, like in every other country in the world. A country must have an economic system, a country does not need racial economic policies to discriminate against a minority. Do you understand this? Nope.

However, I would like to have seen some educational upliftment of all poor people regardless of race, but this horse has bolted long ago because of "liberation before education" and an ANC that enjoys keeping the populace uneducated.

Gyre

Expert Member
Sorry yes, I`m halfway down the race track because I trained to run fast, but you want to cut my ankle tendons because others are unable to run like me. Nowhere else in the world is there racial economic discrimination of a minority, BEE should be scrapped and replaced by nothing, like in every other country in the world. A country must have an economic system, a country does not need racial economic policies to discriminate against a minority. Do you understand this? Nope.

However, I would like to have seen some educational upliftment of all poor people regardless of race, but this horse has bolted long ago because of "liberation before education" and an ANC that enjoys keeping the populace uneducated.

Don't be so dramatic, nobody is taking anything as important as your ankles away from you, you can still run faster than other people. The difference is the next time you run, more people will be running with you and they will have a head start because you are such a magnificent runner. Some people abuse the system, some people shouldn't even be running but there is no denying your advantage over other runners, so why act so meek?

When you say BEE should be scrapped and replaced by nothing, you are in the camp that benefitted until it came along. The situation you are in is the position many people of other races were in years ago(informal discrimination), so for a change you are in the camp without an advantage(lawful discrimination). Maybe work harder if hard work fixes everything?

In another Israeli thread you were mentioning conquerors being allowed to change the laws as they please, so here are your new leaders and their laws.

We both agree that BEE should be scrapped, but that is in an ideal world, currently we need to fix the country so that there is more upliftment of others and people weren't going about doing that of their own goodwill.

BeerIsNotGood...

Executive Member
What's wrong with welfare? Kids lose parents, people get disabilities, economies suffer, people abuse the environment, corporations cut corners and cover it up, the state has to step in with pensions, housing, and so forth.
It's a question...

Sollie

Honorary Master