BBBEE 'has reinforced white supremacy' - Thuli Madonsela on why SA needs to relook at model

DA-LION-619

Honorary Master
Just don't say Singapore. It really triggers the maggot brains. Working for something is a crime, getting it for free is your right.
You know Singapore has public housing right? The state owns most of the land, which it acquired through expropriation.
Continue simplifying…

Brenden_E

Executive Member
You know Singapore has public housing right? The state owns most of the land, which it acquired through expropriation.
Continue simplifying…
Singapore did not expropriate land without compensation though.

The core of the issue is, practically anything the ANC does is rooted in corruption. Many of the changes they propose aren't bad in theory, but because it's the ANC it will be nothing more than a looting exercise. The NHI is another good example.

Oldfut

Continue simplifying…
I have a suspicion that Singapore (or Malaysia) also had/have a version of "BEE/AA" that excluded the Chinese minority who were a bit too successful for the majority's liking. Google will tell all.

To me it is simple; either you have racial discrimination or you don't; you have equality. You shouldn't (honestly anyway), claim a country in "non-racist" if you have laws based on skin colour; duh. Laws can be made; dompas to AA but again, to me, it does not make it "right" as in principaled, moral or correct. Discriminating against people based on the colour of their skin is just wrong and I say no good will come of it (tempting and lucrative (for some) as it may be), the country will become divided (and the laws will be used as excuses for corruption and incompetence by the Nats and ANC); but maybe only to my way of thinking. Rant over.

AstroTurf

Lucky Shot
That’s a very simplified answer, ignoring all the challenges of the time.
Do you know anyone that has bought an encyclopedia recently?
The only challenge I see is that power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely and yes, it is a simplified answer, because it's simple logic.

Benedict A55h0le

Expert Member
Don't be so dramatic, nobody is taking anything as important as your ankles away from you, you can still run faster than other people. The difference is the next time you run, more people will be running with you and they will have a head start because you are such a magnificent runner. Some people abuse the system, some people shouldn't even be running but there is no denying your advantage over other runners, so why act so meek?

When you say BEE should be scrapped and replaced by nothing, you are in the camp that benefitted until it came along. The situation you are in is the position many people of other races were in years ago(informal discrimination), so for a change you are in the camp without an advantage(lawful discrimination). Maybe work harder if hard work fixes everything?

In another Israeli thread you were mentioning conquerors being allowed to change the laws as they please, so here are your new leaders and their laws.

We both agree that BEE should be scrapped, but that is in an ideal world, currently we need to fix the country so that there is more upliftment of others and people weren't going about doing that of their own goodwill.
nonsense blabber blah blah

If you brand me an aparthaied beneficiary then I brand you a current corruption supporter and beneficiary that needs to pay back your ill-gotten gains.

As we can see today we don`t need apartheid to entrench mass poverty on the people. There was no wakanda before apartheid, and there never will be 1.

Last edited:

DA-LION-619

Honorary Master
I have a suspicion that Singapore (or Malaysia) also had/have a version of "BEE/AA" that excluded the Chinese minority who were a bit too successful for the majority's liking. Google will tell all.
Almost every country has a version of EE, the factor is different if not race then sex etc.
Nobody is going to fight with a person in a wheelchair over a job.
You’d agree then the model needs to be revisited?

Singapore is 3rd place in population density, SA is in 162nd... :unsure:
Next up on incredible logic, 9 women can give you a baby in 1 month.

Solarion

Honorary Master
In Africa all you hear is: white people must change, white people must fix it, white people must give up their possessions, white people must change their attitudes, white people must fix our problems, it's all white people's fault, white people must do something, white people must stopped doing something.

What this does is enforce in the minds of black people all throughout Africa that they are nothing or can accomplish nothing without the intervention of white people.

And that is the illusion of white supremacy created by corrupt African governments to continue to pile drive their citizens into the ground and have them never looking up at the government, but at white people. It keeps the citizens feeling powerless.

It is one of the greatest hoodwinks this continent has ever faced.

Last edited:

Benedict A55h0le

Expert Member
In Africa all you hear is: white people must change, white people must fix it, white people must give up their possessions, white people must change their attitudes, white people must fix our problems, it's all white people's fault, white people must do something, white people must stopped doing something.

What this does is enforce in the minds of black people all throughout Africa that they are nothing or can accomplish nothing without the intervention of white people.

And that is the illusion of white supremacy created by corrupt African governments to continue to pile drive their citizens into the ground and have them never looking up at the government, but at white people. It keeps the citizens feeling powerless.

It is one of the greatest hoodwinks this continent has ever faced.
Keep the struggle going, so that the royal leaders can coin it. The populace is also to blame, they all fall for this without much logical thought.

Gyre

Expert Member
nonsense blabber blah blah

If you brand me an aparthaied beneficiary then I brand you a current corruption supporter and beneficiary that needs to pay back your ill-gotten gains.

As we can see today we don`t need apartheid to entrench mass poverty on the people. There was no wakanda before apartheid, and there never will be 1.

I branded you nothing, you implied that you had this advantage over others(of another race) and that they're just not as good as you, I'm pointing out the reason that it may be more complicated. You likened BEE to having your ankles slashed, which I would think suggests that there is a pretty big gap between you and those entering the market?

Poverty is more complex than "You're free! Go be rich now!". All those people that had wealth and benefits during Apartheid carried them over into the New South Africa, and all those that were poor were surprisingly still poor after the end of Apartheid. A guy that spent years walking to work and saving up to buy a car(and being denied better opportunities because he didn't own a car) were left behind while you most likely had measures in place to assist you with a car? No?

Solarion

Honorary Master
Keep the struggle going, so that the royal leaders can coin it. The populace is also to blame, they all fall for this without much logical thought.

Exactly. And the concept of a "white problem keeping us poor" is an an eternal problem which can never be resolved because it is a mirage, looks real but up close is gone, unlike the corrupt government peddling this concept, which is a problem that is very easilt resolved, remove that government or it's leaders.

Those corrupt gravy slurping leaders fear being removed more than death itself and so they they beat the eternal white problem drums as hard as they can.

White people are not ghosts or mirages we are real and we sure as hell don't sit all day plotting how we are going to keep non whites downtrodden and poor af. That's their leaders doing that.

wbot

Executive Member
Sounds exactly like the US now as well