BBM’s plan to get more users in South Africa

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
TLTL. Classic good 'ol SA. We always get the crap other people don't want...

MickZA

Executive Member
Pattison said BBM’s current South African user base is mostly under the age of 35, with a skew towards the 16-25 group.

“They are tech-savvy and live in urban areas, and we will look to focus on this key area over the next 12 months,” he said.
If you say so, seems unlikely to me.

Creag

The Boar's Rock
If they aren't using BBM already, then it's virtually assured they won't in the future. With WhatsApp and similar IM options more widely used, moving to BBM would be like trying to swim upstream.

Thor

Honorary Master
So BBM failed accross the globe they come back to try the gullible SA

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
That ship has sailed.... hit an iceberg in the arctic, sank, froze, became a fossil, was spewed up by a volcano, melted, dispersed among some igneous rock and has now been buried for the last 3 Billion years in Cyber terms....

Nerfherder

Honorary Master
If they aren't using BBM already, then it's virtually assured they won't in the future. With WhatsApp and similar IM options more widely used, moving to BBM would be like trying to swim upstream.

You are forgetting about one thing - Blackberry has the security that the other phones don't.

and so does their messenger.

MR.C

Expert Member
I use BBM.

I only use it to chat with my SO, don't have to scroll or search when there's only 1 contact

Petec

Expert Member
BBM... The 90's called and said they still think you are cool....

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
I use BBM.

I only use it to chat with my SO, don't have to scroll or search when there's only 1 contact

In Telegram you can pin contacts and groups to the top of your chat list.

konfab

Honorary Master
The only way they could get this to grow would be to make a BIS 2.0 and allow people to browse a reduced internet for some very low value per month. Even then I don't know whether that would be enough.