Be ready for Azure servers in South Africa – Microsoft

Messugga

Honorary Master
This is ancient news. Everybody who cares, knows about this already. We want time frames.

koeks525

Expert Member
Microsoft did not confirm a launch date for Azure data centres in South Africa, but said they would be deployed in 2018.

Ah man, I was hoping we would get a timeframe.

Sapphiron

Centadel
Company Rep
Yep, Recycled news, with no new details.

You would think that in the year they are due to start, they would be able to provide quarterly expectations

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Yep, Recycled news, with no new details.

You would think that in the year they are due to start, they would be able to provide quarterly expectations
They're copying the data using Explorer, so the time estimate is fluctuating from 10 seconds to three decades

R4ziel

Expert Member
Think I might ask them lol

Here at tech summit in CPT, they really want people to switch to azure.

Isn't PUBG on AWS though? And even if it was on Azure, that doesnt automagically mean servers here, that's still up to the developer

Praemon

Expert Member
Was also hoping for an updated time frame. Not sure what the point of the article was. Anyways, I suspect since they haven't started the public beta yet, or given time frames for that, the "2018" time frame is going to mean the very end of 2018? Hoping it will be sooner.

richjdavies

Expert Member
I'm sure when I first read about it we were told Q1 2018 - that has come and gone... so clearly not then...

Anyone know anything more on this yet?