Behind Eskom's decision to form a "black businesses only" academy

Bradley Prior

MyBroadband Journalist
Staff member
Super Moderator
Behind Eskom's decision to form a "black businesses only" academy

Empowering business owners from previously disadvantaged communities is behind Eskom’s decision to limit its new contractor academy programme to black-owned businesses.

The Eskom Contractor Training Academy was established as a specific corporate social investment (CSI) initiative aimed at developing and empowering contractors and suppliers.

Mista_Mobsta

Expert Member
In response to questions from MyBroadband, Eskom explained that its contractor academy has been specifically developed to empower business owners from previously disadvantaged communities
So now every single black/indian/coloured person in SA is a PDI or part of a PDC?

Fck Eskom. This is blatant racism and no amount of spindoctoring will change my mind.
This is NOT employment equity. This is NOT BBBEE compliant. This is absolute education based racism.

werfie

Expert Member
I have heard so many sermons from our leaders that white, especially young white South Africans shouldn't jump ship.

How do you expect white South African's to stay if they are continuously and deliberately excluded from any business or work opportunities? So in other words you are encouraging them to stay to see them starve at the end of the day?

To government: Implement the BBBEE policies like you are hellbent on doing but please don't tell the purposefully excluded people to stay then, that's just a little silly.

Cray

Honorary Master
How exactly are they planning on paying for this?

Mista_Mobsta

Expert Member
I have heard so many sermons from our leaders that white, especially young white South Africans shouldn't jump ship.

How do you expect white South African's to stay if they are continuously and deliberately excluded from any business or work opportunities? So in other words you are encouraging them to stay to see them starve at the end of the day?

To government: Implement the BBBEE policies like you are hellbent on doing but please don't tell the purposefully excluded people to stay then, that's just a little silly.
They can do whatever the hell they want...as long as they don't force any white people from paying taxes to be discriminated against.
Wouldn't that just be a b*tch? Hurt them where it counts the most - their pockets!

Antono

So now every single black/indian/coloured person in SA is a PDI or part of a PDC?

Fck Eskom. This is blatant racism and no amount of spindoctoring will change my mind.
This is NOT employment equity. This is NOT BBBEE compliant. This is absolute education based racism.
It is only racism when blacks are excluded, when whites are excluded it is affirmative action. A black person cannot be guilty of racism or hate speech.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Okay so how long does a person remain previously disadvantaged? I mean 25 years now. Kids have been born into this democracy and are full blown adults, many of them have gone on to the same schools and varsities as their white peers. Yet they get the advantages?

HunterNW

Honorary Master
Okay so how long does a person remain previously disadvantaged? I mean 25 years now. Kids have been born into this democracy and are full blown adults, many of them have gone on to the same schools and varsities as their white peers. Yet they get the advantages?
According to the IQ chart.... forever. :popcorn:

MSGRule

This is the crutch of the lazy, the useless, the parasite. This will remain in place till all the skilled people with work ethic have given up and left.
When they are standing at the walls crying we are hungry and dying, but the "oppressor" will pay, he will pay till he has given up and left or started a new community with high walls to keep the parasite - locust outside. And then the people outside the walls will blame the ones inside for leading the country down into the ground.

If this is not a call for the "community" to go live alone somewhere with high walls and continue to build their futures and be successful. I don't know. But on the other hand the locust will never allow that as they are like children and can't look after themselves and will have nothing to eat

hungrymamba

Expert Member
This is racist. If the tables were turned... The country would burn... The exclusion of people based on their race, gender, religion, etc is against the law. Whosoever thinks this is right needs to have their heads checked.

Last edited: