Behind the scenes at Takealot's new pickup point

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Behind the scenes at Takealot's new pickup point

Takealot officially launched its new pick-up point system at its flagship Big Bird One Stop pick-up point in Midrand.

Takealot has 25 pick-up points across the country which offer an alternative to receiving one's orders via delivery, and the company predicts that 10-15% of its sales will be collected at these points rather than delivered.

This looks good and I hope that it will make more people trust online shopping. For me the whole point of online shopping is that it takes care of the delivery in the pricing structure.

Hoping that the pickup points promotes confident online shopping. We all want to purchase online but sometimes we are impatient I'm guilty.

Guys, I know this is not connected to the thread, but I would like to know if Takealot requires a TV licence when you purchase a TV from them? Please help, I would like to buy a TV but I am not in the mood to give the SABC my money.

Guys, I know this is not connected to the thread, but I would like to know if Takealot requires a TV licence when you purchase a TV from them? Please help, I would like to buy a TV but I am not in the mood to give the SABC my money.

yes they do , but there was a trick to by pass it.

I was told to use 12345678 as the number, not sure if it still works.

Why don't you get yourself a panel that doesn't need a TV licence?

Back