Being included in an email by accident

RedViking

Nord of the South
I'm not going to name them. They're actually a very good company... barring their PRLol, not a chance. We have 4 smart TV's and my wife is a stay at home mom. So it's 99% streaming Netflix, YouTube and DSTV Now
Do you have a contract in place?

RedViking

Nord of the South
Ok, since it seems to have blown over, the company in question is my ISP.

I think I have an idea what the issue is. My household averages 100GB a day.
100GB a day! For Fixed LTE?

They sent that email on purpose then. They probably want you to cancel.

Biscuit1018

Expert Member
I'm not sure what to make of this.

I've just received a mail from a company I'm dealing with - I'm not going to go into specifics because they're highly likely to have a presence on the forum/

In the mail, they're talking about my account and the service they're offering me and also something to the effect of stopping the offering they give me (which is fairly concerning since I highly value them)

The mail then ends with "but don't tell the client"

I'm not sure whether to contact them. What would you do?
Turn it to your advantage

Politely let them know they have copied you by accident. Mention you like the service

Honey Badger

Honorary Master
This. Be direct. They will be so mortified that you got the email that they will not only continue the service forever but will do it for free.
I did reply to the second mail, I even joked that they should check their addressees before sending mails.

Honey Badger

Honorary Master
Can’t you buy her a broom or something?
Well, if she's anything like me, she will leave the stream running in the background.

Right now I'm sitting with my phone and laptop while YouTube is streaming some cooking show (I bought oxtail and need ideas). I probably look at the TV once every 5 minutes :D

RedViking

Nord of the South
Well, if she's anything like me, she will leave the stream running in the background.

Right now I'm sitting with my phone and laptop while YouTube is streaming some cooking show (I bought oxtail and need ideas). I probably look at the TV once every 5 minutes :D
Add red wine. Thats it.

Solarion

Honorary Master
@OP

Doesn't seem like you need to do anything to be honest. Simply having knowledge of something doesn't necessarily mean you need to act on it.

stopping the offering they give me (which is fairly concerning since I highly value them)
Perhaps the service they are discussing is not suitable for you. This is the danger with dropping in on other people's conversations(intentionally or not), it can lead to a whole manner of confusion and misinterpretation considering it may just be internal politics at play or two people bouncing ideas off of each other.

skeptic_SA

Executive Member
Between you and me... This Honey Badger cretin is clearly looking for attention. I mean FFS "looking for oxtail recipes on YouTube". How douchey! Anyway. Glad youre well. Thanks for the PM. Chat soon.

Steamy Tom

Expert Member
Your wife is very obviously running a streaming service from home, think cleaning fetish etc

Chuckmyster

Honorary Master
Ok, since it seems to have blown over, the company in question is my ISP.

I think I have an idea what the issue is. My household averages 100GB a day.
100GB a day?
i am on uncapped and only use 100 - 200GB a month
fair to say you are abusing your uncapped

Drifter

Honorary Master
100GB a day is a lot, that is def not streaming Netflix.

Honey Badger

Honorary Master
100GB a day is a lot, that is def not streaming Netflix.
YouTube in UHD streams at up to 40Mbps - I actually tested this by enabling Stats for Nerds to see the data rate. Granted my wife and kids don't really care about UHD, 720p is fine for them.