Belgian outcry over WikiLeaks publications of Dutroux dossier

grok

Honorary Master
The Dutroux case remains the biggest scandal in Belgium's recent history, as it exposed a murky world of child abusers with alleged high-up connections to the country's establishment, including the police and the government.

This is exactly the reason why wikileaks should publish such documents. Governments etc should not have the power to squash information that exposes their involvement in crime/corruption and such.
*** Looks at ANC government & their new media bill ***

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
The dossier mentions names, telephone numbers, addresses and bank details of witnesses and people involved in the investigations, including high-ranking Belgian politicians such as Elio Di Rupo, currently leading talks on formation of a new government.

What's the deal with Wikileaks exposing the details of innocent third parties and witnesses. That's not cool.

Shayd

Expert Member
I totally get publishing info that is informative but publishing peoples details if they are innocent third parties is unacceptable.

If I was a witness I would be PISSED!!

Rustum

Expert Member
Wikileaks on Twitter: "Why did the Dutroux debate start, now, 16 months after publication? That is a good question. Any guesses?"

VioAdmin

Expert Member
This is the real world, no more hiding, it is time the Government are shown all their nasty secrets. The only bad thing are the "innocent" witnesses. But this is war. Either way, we need more information released!!!

PeterCH

Honorary Master
Will Wikileaks publish the pictures of the corpses of the dead girls? Will it publish pictures of the child pr0no manufactured by the guilty parties?

And of course the suspects who were cleared by competent officials were also mentioned. Perhaps everyone here who was ever accused of any crime should have their accusations published too.

LOL this whole thing is so stupid. If Wikileaks were reasonable (and sensible) they would not go all out - I expect sooner or later they'll publish something to p-ss the Swedes off too (or maybe they won't do that to avoid getting their butts handed to them).

LOL. :) Totally stupid if you ask me.

w1z4rd

Karmic Sangoma
Well done wikileaks. Keep exposing the sick rot of the powerful. Expose them now where in the past they were protected. Viva the wiki! Amandla!

PeterCH

Honorary Master
This is the real world, no more hiding, it is time the Government are shown all their nasty secrets. The only bad thing are the "innocent" witnesses. But this is war. Either way, we need more information released!!!

Put your money where you mouth is. I want to see your bank details, name, surname, all record of any accusations against you, your school report, your bosses' opinion, your psych report if any, all medical records - come on, I want to see if you're hiding something. You won't do that? You post anonymously here, eh?

PeterCH

Honorary Master
Well done wikileaks. Keep exposing the sick rot of the powerful. Expose them now where in the past they were protected. Viva the wiki! Amandla!

Can you post your real name, details of any criminal record (and ways for us to verify it), ID number, bank details, etc? Come on, surely you have nothing to hide.

The suspects here were cleared. Under law, if you're cleared and the law, details of any accusations are expunged. This is law made by elected officials not vigilante justice.

bk.ru

peterch defending the rights of pedophiles again. catholic priest pedophiles and belgium official pedophiles have a crusader on their side.

w1z4rd

Karmic Sangoma
Can you post your real name, details of any criminal record (and ways for us to verify it), ID number, bank details, etc? Come on, surely you have nothing to hide.
Of course I wont post my personal data here.

People that matter, friends on the forum, mods, professional people I associate with all know my name :) Most have known me for years personally, a handful for decades :)

Last edited:

w1z4rd

Karmic Sangoma
Wikileaks on Twitter: "Why did the Dutroux debate start, now, 16 months after publication? That is a good question. Any guesses?"

My guess is that the powers that be are manipulating people like some of the forumites posting in this thread to get all upset about this and make an issue outta it. They must really have nothing to be this easy and lame.

PeterCH

Honorary Master
Of course I wont post my personal data here.

People that matter, friends on the forum, mods, professional people I associate with all know my name :) Most have known me for years personally, a handful for decades :)

So you won't reveal your personal details. Hypocritical POV there, hmmm?

PeterCH

Honorary Master
peterch defending the rights of pedophiles again. catholic priest pedophiles and belgium official pedophiles have a crusader on their side.

Which court proved these people were pedophiles? Oh yeah, a court found them innocent. In addition witnesses were mentioned too - i.e. not any accused. Hence you are saying all these people are pedophiles. Could you post your name and details so that these people can sue you for defamation? Guess you won't.

You know, I'd even defend you (if you were accused, proved innocent and your details published illegally).