Best 4K TV deal.

Chris_Auc

I remember specifically saying if you use the tv for movies and streaming the Hisense would suffice, if you are a gamer then the LG C1 is the one to go for. Return the tv and get the LG if you want to be a happy chap.
Heya,
Yes, I did see that you mentioned the LG C1, but eish. That is just too much for me to spend on a TV.:crying:
Guess I must pay up if I want 4k@120hz and a nice panel.

Chris_Auc

I don't quite understand what's going on here, but from what it looks like we're probably getting shafted locally with this model.

Rtings tested this model and clearly says HDMI ports 3 and 4 are HDMI 2.1 and it supports 4K@120. If you go to the local Hisense website and look up the specs it says none of the ports have HDMI 2.1. I think they've stripped down the local versions of this TV to bring the cost down.

The other possibility is that it requires a new firmware, Rtings stated:

I would try get the newest firmware on there first, if that doesn't work then I would just return the TV.
Will check it out, but jah it's k*k. :(

initroot

Toshiba Z770 is coming soon, 65 apparently going to be priced at around 19 999.

epah

Executive Member
Heya,
Yes, I did see that you mentioned the LG C1, but eish. That is just too much for me to spend on a TV.:crying:
Guess I must pay up if I want 4k@120hz and a nice panel.

You have to spend quite a bit for your requirements, you want a good TV for both movies and gaming, so R20k is about the minimum you can spend to get a tv with both. If you want to spend less then you will have to compromise. You will get a tv that is good with games but not good with movies or vice versa.

But If you want the best of both worlds you are gonna have to cough up the R20k. No other way.